10 month milestone and a concern

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 07:12 PM
dzt66's Avatar Super Mommy
Today marks 10 months of successful breastfeeding! But today I also have a concern. I could only get him to nurse twice. He usually eats 3-4 times a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and sometimes right before bed). I always nurse him before giving him solids. Today I had a date and so I fed him dinner first and then was going to nurse right before we left. He wouldn't nurse. Then I just got home and tried to wake him to nurse and he just cried at me. So I laid him back down and he went right to sleep.

I am sad. I don't want him to wean, but I am very afraid of it happening. Maybe it was just a weird day. It just seems he is more and more distracted. So on our 10 month milestone he only nursed two times all day!

Proud mommy to Kourtney Lauren (10/01/03), McKenna Grace (07/11/05), and Blake Matthew (10/21/07)

My Family Blog
August 22nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope he'll get back to nursing like usual. How did he do today?

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
August 22nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Did great today. Nursed 3 good feedings. I think it was a fluke. Thanks!

Proud mommy to Kourtney Lauren (10/01/03), McKenna Grace (07/11/05), and Blake Matthew (10/21/07)

My Family Blog
August 23rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Maybe he was rebelling because he didn't want you to go on a date! ha!

I'm glad to hear that he did so much better today.

August 23rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
He must have been protesting my date. He nursed 4 times today which is a rare thing these days. I just know that I gave up nursing at 9 months last time because I thought DD was weaning herself. She was distracted, sporadic, etc. I refuse to quit before the year mark this time! I WILL push the issue with him! You should see me sometimes... I walk in to a room and look for the most interesting thing for him to hold or play with while her nurses. Today is was a small floor fan. I looked like a maniac trying to hold it up for him to play with while he nursed. Kids...

My Family Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search