I need help asap please!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some background info for you, we have had an awful week with my 2yo. He has a MRSA infection and had to have surgery. I had to work around all of that as well, and haven't been around as much. Needless to say all of our schedules have been super upheaved. Here's the link to my PR post about DS1, if you are wanting any more info.
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1241489

DS2, Logan, nursed fine this morning before I went to work..laid in bed nursed everything was great. I know I've had some weak pumping sessions this week, but everythings been ok..not great just ok. Just barely making enough instead of alway making more than enough. I get home tonight, he's in a fine mood, just hanging out. He was getting hungry, I put him to my boob and he screams bloody murder. I mean super tears screams won't even try to latch on. I gave him a bottle of ebm and he took it fine. 2 hours later same story. He gets even just close to me and starts screaming. Its got me so upset, all the stress this week and now this?
I was so proud that we were about to hit 3 mos of exclusive nursing/pumping and it is looking like its over right now. Can anyone give me any advice? I never went through this with DS1....

ETA He takes the bottle just fine, pretty quick actually. But we have used the bottle since super early on and never had a problem.

August 28th, 2008, 05:52 PM
babybuckeyein2008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I wish i had an answer for you...I would just say keep trying to put him to the breast. I'm not sure what would cause this though.
August 28th, 2008, 06:00 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its a combination of him sensing the stress, and it affecting him plus some bottle preference (nipple preference) added on top of it.

If you want to correct it - I would see a LC immediately, go to a LLL meeting or try to meet w/ the LLL leader for some help & advice one on one, and strike 3 days out of your schedule & do the 3 day nursing sabbatical. It would mean letting everything - and i mean everythin g- but the bare necessities sliding. It will give your baby a sense of calm & order, and will help get him back to exclusive nursing. Do you work during the day & pump for him to have milk or is it something yo udo when youre on the run? If its not absolutely necessary, I would ditch all bottle feeding until it smoothes out. if its absolutely necessary, I would do the 3 day sabbatical & try to keep things as much into their normal routine as possible, even if it means asking friends & family for help (((hugs)))

Lala....

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 28th, 2008, 06:09 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
I dont know either...DD does the same thing sometime and it'll take me forever to get her to latch on...I dont know why she does it either. Sorry im no help but I hope it works it self out soon!!!!
August 28th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, babies can sense stress and they can sense the kind of mood you are in. It sounds like you've had a lot going on and probably a lot on your mind. The stress sounds like it is also affecting your milk supply. He's likely noticed the lower supply and that's why he'd rather have a bottle than to nurse. Remember that your supply is typically lower in the evening anyway, so that would explain why he was more willing to nusre in the morning. Here's a link that might also help you out:
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html
August 29th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a pretty good night and morning so far. Vickie (I think) posted a link from the kellymom site about nursing strikes, and that sounds most like what's going on. He has nursed twice this morning though, so maybe today will continue to go well. To answer a question from earlier post, I am working so most of my pumping is there, but sometimes I will use a bottle if I am out by myself w/ the baby and the 2yo, just because it is super hard to keep him occupied while I nip. But for the most part 90% of the time I schedule going out around him eating and he gets boob from me, bottle from others.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search