I did it!!!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2008, 09:17 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We took Jonah to a party that our friends were having in the park today. We were only going to stay a couple of hours, so I nursed Jonah when we got there in the backseat of our van, and planned on nursing him before we left in the same place. Well, we stayed longer than a couple hours, and of course he got hungry. The pavilion was a twenty minute walk from the van, so it was either nurse him there in the park, or say our goodbyes. I wasn't ready to leave (first time I've been out with friends since I was put on bedrest three weeks before Jonah was born) I peeked in the park bathroom... ew, my son was not going to eat in there! I couldn't even stand the smell of it! I took our blanket and went way down to the end of the pavilion, and just as I was about to unclip my nursing bra (while juggling my still floppy infant and the blanket over my shoulder) a group of men walked by and eyed me up, so of course I couldn't do it there. LOL so I went and got DH, and drug the stroller to a corner of the pavilion and hid behind the stroller, sitting on the ground, as DH helped me hold the blanket up LOL It must have looked so funny to my friends. They all told me to just come out and feed him, which made me feel better, and I think I'll be more confident the next time I have to do it.

I know it is silly, but I am excited to have done this. It's a huge milestone. I have been so scared to nurse in public (a woman got a ticket in our area not too long ago for nursing in her car!!! I think the charge was dropped, but still it is a touchy subject around here.. people are scared of boobs) but now it's not so bad. And I think with a bigger blanket, or one of those nursing covers, we can get the whole discreet thing down pretty quickly. The only problem we really had was that I have been so full lately, so he doesn't latch on right away. He kind of plays with my nipple and lets the milk squirt into his mouth for about five minutes, then he latches on. If it weren't for that monkey business I think it would be a lot easier.

yay for our milestone!
I just had to share it with you ladies!

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
September 1st, 2008, 07:34 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!! The first time is always the hardest. It only gets easier from here.
Way to go Momma!!!

September 1st, 2008, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Way to go! It does get easier the more you do it. woohoo!

September 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

After that first time, its not so bad. It gets so easy you dont even think about it.

I've had people come right up to me and not know what I was doing until they were right close. IMO a blanket just makes it more obvious. I ;ove my nursing tank

September 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Its amazing the nervousness for the first time NIP and after its done you think "well that wasn't so bad" and you know what, it gets easier each and every time you do it.

Good for you chica!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search