HELP!!!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
OK, so this Is actully not for me but for a friend. Ive told her a ton of times to sign up but she's not big into computer's so I dont think she'll do It. She was BFing for a month until one of her boob's got infected. She got a small cut under her areola that soon turned into a dime sized cu that was leaking puss. She wen to her doctor and they drained it. It was fin for a few weeks then her breast got rock hard and was really red like It was infected again. She finally went in to the doctor and they told her it was infected and gave her antibiotic's but didn't drain it this time. They said If It dosn't go away in a week then they'll drain it. Well she called me tonight and told me It's pussing again out of the cut and leaking milk out of both nipples and they have had milk in them for a while now ( our babies are 4 days appart ) and she doesn't know what to do. She said there both really hard and full of milk and she doesn't know weither to pump to get rid of the milk or how to get the milk to go away? Any suggestion's on what Is going on or how to make the milk stop? Thanks girls!!

My poor friend. She has to now have Surgery on her breast tomorrow cause It's REALLY bad! Her doctor said It's the worst he's ever seen. There gonna put her under and clean out all her duct's and tissue. It's so infeccted her whole cheast is red and the cut Is pussing green all the time, and she said you can see the duct's threw the cut. She's been crying all night and keeps having panic attack's I feel bad for her. She said she's never gonna breastfeed again now cause of what happend, I probablly wouldn't either..
September 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If she's stopped breastfeeding, she doesn't want to do anything if she doesn't intend to start back up. Any stimulation, like nursing or pumping, will signal her body to make more milk and the problems will only get worse. To get her supply to dry up, she is best to just leave them alone and let her supply dry up.

On another note, breastmilk has healing properties with all of it's antibodies. She can express just a little bit on the cut a few times a day and it will help her fight off the infection. As long as she only does it for a short amount of time (a minute or less), it won't stimulate her milk production. She should only need to express for less than 30 seconds to get enough to cover the nipple and cut though.

Expecting baby #4!

September 5th, 2008, 07:29 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
That sounds terrible! I agree with Andrea. She can try drinking Sage tea to try and slow down production too. I hope she gets better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search