if your baby still wakes in the middle of the night to eat...

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm jealous. Grant has been sleeping more and more at night and until two nights ago was always up at 4am to eat regardless. The last two nights he's slept through til morning. You'd think I wouldn't be complaining about it but it just makes me so sad! I really enjoyed those 4am feedings and baby cuddles and smiles in the middle of the night. I've been crying all morning, how stupid. He's only 3 months old and he's already growing up so much. I never thought I'd be SAD to see my baby sleep through the night.

September 4th, 2008, 06:28 AM
SweetWife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every now and then Brianna will wake up around 4 AM to nurse. I love to BF but I would rather sleep to be honest! That's sweet though!

September 4th, 2008, 11:21 AM
littamomto4's Avatar Super Mommy
My LO still wakes 3-4 times a night to nurse( i think it is more for comfort than food) and I don't mind it I enjoy it!

</div>
September 4th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Every now and then Brianna will wake up around 4 AM to nurse. I love to BF but I would rather sleep to be honest! That's sweet though![/b]
I completely agree! Alonzo wakes up to eat around 3am every night, and then again at 6 or 6:30, and I miss getting a full night's sleep. I'm so thrilled that he falls asleep right away after eating (because it certainly was NOT like this the first two months), but I have bad middle-of-the-night insomnia, so if I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't go back to sleep :-(

September 4th, 2008, 03:47 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
Don't worry, i bet he'll regress and start waking up again in the middle of night. Jackson slept throught the night from 2-4 months and since then he's been up at least twice a night.

September 5th, 2008, 07:26 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Don't get too upset. Enjoy it while it lasts, because it might not last long.
Walter was sleeping through the night til 4 months and since then he wakes up every hour or so, sometimes more.
September 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lukas has been sleeping through the night for the past month or so and I LOVE it! We've had only 2 or 3 nights where he woke up at 4 ish.
September 5th, 2008, 05:59 PM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
Quote:
My LO still wakes 3-4 times a night to nurse( i think it is more for comfort than food) and I don't mind it I enjoy it![/b]

except I want sleep.. I have to get up so early for work I could handle 1-2 times a night, but 4 or more is making Mommy tired.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
September 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with you! Caleb sleeps through the night occasionally but most nights he's up between 3-4am for a quick nurse. I used to get frustrated that he's not consistently sleeping through the night yet (DS #1 slept through the night consistently from 7 weeks on...not all babies regress.) but now I've learned to just embrace it and enjoy the middle of the night cuddles. Or, maybe it's just that I'm happy that he's not up every 1.5-2 hours like he was for 3 weeks straight a month or so ago!!!!

September 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry - I was just having a "omg, my baby is ALREADY growing up and doesn't NEED me" moment. Ugh. I know I shouldn't complain about the sleep and after a few days I'm not (hopefully I can get some decent sleep myself too and go to bed when he does or close to it). I'm not hoping for him to wake up multiple times in the night - I just knew that bf babies tend to need to eat more often and was surprised that he'd sleep through the night and not emotionally ready for it. Of course he cluster feeds for hours in the evenings and sometimes it feels like all day long - I guess he is saving up for nighttime.

September 6th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
he wakes up every hour or so, sometimes more. [/b]
Liliana is over 2 and STILL does that! I can't wait for her to sleep through the night! I am jealous of little Grant!
September 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hayden still wakes at 4 or 5am for a feeding and I love it, its our snuggle time and he usually nurses the longest during this
time

September 8th, 2008, 06:35 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Cadie wakes up but we co-sleep so it doesn't matter much. We both go right back to sleep.
September 8th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily's been waking up around 3 or 4 (going to bed around 10 or 11) to nurse. It's nice that she's sleeping for a larger chunk of time...those first 2 weeks after she was born I thought I'd die from constantly waking to nurse her. But I like snuggling with her when she wakes up, although it's hard to get her back to sleep sometimes afterwards.

September 8th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Gemini7605's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd be more than happy to trade babies for a few days so I can get a full night's sleep! LOL, just kidding

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search