My FIL gave my 6 month old...

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
ice cream! OMG i was soo mad. Last night at church and MIL and FIL were there. Well MIL took off with Jackson while i ate which is fine but about ten minutes later i look up and my 6 month old has freaking ice cream running down his face because my moron of a FIL is feeding it to him. OMG i just looked at DH and said "tell them something" and DH says "oh should he not have ice cream?" UM NO - DUH who raised you? oh yeah the idiots across the table feeding my infant ice cream. When we got home i told DH that he really needs to tell his parents not to give Jack crap like that and he says "well if you see them do it again just say something" Um excuse me but they have jack 16 hours a week while i am not around i need to be able to trust that they are not giving him crap to eat when i am not there. I have worked so hard to give Jackson the absolute best nutrition and they go and give him ice cream. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if i hadn't seen how they are with my neice. FIL gave her lemon when she was 3 months old and has been giving her ice cream sandwiches since she was probably around 8 months old. Now every time she sees them she eats a whole one and she is not even 2 yet. I do NOT want my son eating sweets like that and i honestly think its really rude of them to feed MY child anything without asking me first. Especially since i just started him on anything other than breastmilk last week. Sheesh. OK sorry. rant over. Thanks for listening

September 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow

BIL tried giving Corali chocolate ice cream when she was 6 months old. I was livid.

September 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am battling my husband and friends saying I should give my little one food. I broke down and gave him a few bites of cereal mixed with breast milk. I only did it because he is showing an interest in foods although my goal was to wait until he was 6 months. But everytime I eat or drink something he reaches for it and starts drooling like crazy. My stupid DH put a piece of cantalope on Lawson's lips one time. I thought I was going to throw his skinny behind out the door when I found out. So I know how you feel. Now you have to worry what they are going to give your child when you arent there. UGH. I wish people would just follow our wishes when it comes to feeding our children.

(1)
September 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My aunt did the same thing with Addison at Trevor's birthday party when she was 6 months old
September 4th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Super Mommy
well, you know, they raised DH and he turned out just fine right? ARRGGHHHHHHHHHH....

(my in-laws are here for a month

September 5th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Um, babies aren't even supposed to have cow's milk until after 12 months old. Yogurt and cheese is okay if there is no family history of dairy allergies at 6 months but ice cream is just frozen cow's milk. I would be LIVID beyond belief.

September 7th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my dad gave Hayden frosting at my sisters wedding this past June and I wasn't very happy...

September 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Im sorry....I'd be mad too....
September 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I would be mad too, can't you ask them nicely not to give them anything?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search