new here...my intro

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2008, 12:55 PM
3xamommy's Avatar BFing, CDing mom of 3
Hi girls! I'm Colleen, mom to 3 beautiful kids- a 5 yo DS, a 17 month old DD and a 6 week old DD. I never had much success BFing my other 2 kids- mostly because I doubted myself and my ability to produce enough. This time it's been 6 weeks so far, a little trying at times but we're in it for the long haul this time!

Anyone know why my DD might sometimes be fussing at the boob- meaning crying, moving her body around and tugging away? She doesnt do it all the time.

THANKS *AMBER* FOR MY AWESOME SIGGIE!!!!!!
September 17th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Tribeca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby and on your commitment to BF this time and welcome to the board!!

As for your question there could be a number of reasons. It could be your flow or letdown. It may to too fast at times. Does she choke or sputter when she pulls off? It could be that she has uncomfortable gas. Try stopping and burping her and then resuming. I had this same problem and it turned out that my son has several food senstivities which explained why he didn't fuss and cry and pull away all the time, only sometimes. It would depend on what I was eating. Try keeping a food journal and see if you notice any emerging patterns with the fussiness and what you are eating. Good luck and let us know what happens

"An error can never become true however many times you repeat it. The truth can never be wrong, even if no one ever hears about it." Mahatma Gandhi
"Doctors put drugs of which they know little, into bodies of which they know less, for diseases of which they know nothing at all.” Voltaire
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
September 17th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had this issue in the beginning and it was due to having a too fast letdown. I was drowning the poor girl. Once my milk supply leveled out and we got on a regular nursing schedule it stopped.

September 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Hi girls! I'm Colleen, mom to 3 beautiful kids- a 5 yo DS, a 17 month old DD and a 6 week old DD. I never had much success BFing my other 2 kids- mostly because I doubted myself and my ability to produce enough. This time it's been 6 weeks so far, a little trying at times but we're in it for the long haul this time!

Anyone know why my DD might sometimes be fussing at the boob- meaning crying, moving her body around and tugging away? She doesnt do it all the time.[/b]
Colleen! I think it's a shame what little support there is when we doubt ourselves so I understand why you weren't as successful with your first two. Now we are at 6 weeks!?!? WTG!

One thing I strongly believe in is chiropractic adjustments for me and my whole family. I find if dd is having problems sleeping or doing what you describe, a trip to our chiropractor fixes the problem.

No matter what, good luck, keep going and keep us updated!

Cheers, Michelle
September 17th, 2008, 08:49 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
if it's just the past day or so, it's probably a growth spurt! Sounds like classic GS behavior to me!
September 18th, 2008, 12:53 PM
3xamommy's Avatar BFing, CDing mom of 3
Emily does have a lot of gas issues. She'll struggle to toot and toots often. I am trying to keep eating a bland diet but I'm thinking dairy might be the issue. Its going to be hard to cut out all my dairy.

As far as the letdown thing, maybe thats to problem too. She will pull off and cough and gulp all the while my boob is still squirting out milk all over her! What do you do for that?

Thanks for all the support!

THANKS *AMBER* FOR MY AWESOME SIGGIE!!!!!!
September 18th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!
I had a really fast letdown and would keep a burp cloth handy to spray into until she latched back on. Usually that contained the mess pretty well.
If you notice frequent/fussy nursing in the evening, then it's probably cluster feeding.

Expecting baby #4!

September 18th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Lonomia
Hello Colleen!

I just wanted to send out a huge hug to you for believing in yourself and your body! You rock!
September 19th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Super Mommy
When the letdown is too fast. latch her on to start the milk, then pull her off and let it spray into a burp towl. Thenonce it has slowed put her back on.

Mom to boys: G 7, C 5, K 4, N 3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search