BPA in lining of formula cans

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
Saw it on the local news today that alot of mother have switched to BPA free bottles but those that ff didn't know that the formula cans from Enfamil and Similac and every other formula producer are lined with BPA. Of course the government, the FDA and the formula companies say that BPA in small amounts is still considered safe and that there are not sufficient studies to prove otherwise. I'll go ahead and stick to my BPA-free boobies thank you!

September 18th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Lonomia
Quote:
I'll go ahead and stick to my BPA-free boobies thank you![/b]
Ditto!
September 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
wow!!! I found a great article on it after reading this and it said that liquid baby formula would expose baby to more BPA than plastic bottles

http://www.ewg.org/node/25570

btw... are you going to share this in our PR?
September 18th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, sadly enough, they consider these substances safe until it's too late I wish they would quit with the "Innocent until proven guilty" act on harmful chemicals and substances. And we wonder why something like cancer is so common in today's society? I'm more than happy to stick with things that I know are natural and chemical free!

September 18th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
reading even more into and discovering that it's just as bad in all canned foods so if you ate canned green beans while pregnant, your baby was exposed... I wonder if that counts while bfing too?
September 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Add this to the mile long list of why Im so glad I breastfeed.

September 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
PuNkLiVz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow really? had no idea! good thing im only BFing!

<div align="center"></div>
September 19th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Quote:
btw... are you going to share this in our PR?[/b]
I hadn't thought about that do you think i should?

Quote:
reading even more into and discovering that it's just as bad in all canned foods so if you ate canned green beans while pregnant, your baby was exposed... I wonder if that counts while bfing too?[/b]
I think that it would be similar to the pass through of anything else like alcohol or other substances. Our bodies get such a small amount and then it is filtered even more in the breastmilk but yeah it still p-i-s-ses me off that there are all these 'safe' chemicals contaminating the world aound us that have potentially life-threatening effects, but nevermind our health and safety if it keeps profits up, thats all that really matters right?

September 19th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think that it would be similar to the pass through of anything else like alcohol or other substances. Our bodies get such a small amount and then it is filtered even more in the breastmilk but yeah it still p-i-s-ses me off that there are all these 'safe' chemicals all around us that have potentially life-threatening effects. But if it keeps profits up, thats all that really matters right?[/b]
That's exactly what it comes down to, money. Ughh! They're allowed to put our health at risk, without our knowledge, and they justify it by saying "It's in such small amounts that it's not harmful". Unfortunately, it adds up quickly!

September 20th, 2008, 09:52 AM
littamomto4's Avatar Super Mommy
This is scary information

</div>
September 22nd, 2008, 05:43 AM
KimberlyD0
Quote:
Quote:
I'll go ahead and stick to my BPA-free boobies thank you![/b]
Ditto!
[/b]
Studies have shown BPA in BM too. So its there too. If you eat anything with it, then it goes to the milk. They use it to line other foods too like tomato's for example. Or if you've ever eaten food out of a tuperware that was heated up it was there too, or in many water bottles.

Its still trace amounts, but its there.

They've screwed everyone.
September 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM
Its so sad all the toxins and chemicals that our bodies (and our precious babies) are exposed to every day, mostly because its profitable for some giant company and too many people are getting paid off for anyone to step up and inform the public and be honest about the harmful effects of a lot of these things. And then everyone wonders why so many people have cancer and other diseases and health problems.

September 23rd, 2008, 08:10 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
the lining in canned foods does contain BPA plastic as well. It's also in packages of frozen foods that go into the oven or microwave. Not to mention the lining of microwave popcorn bags, and the "butter" they use too is nasty and has dangerous chemicals in it. I have a serious popcorn issue so I bought an air popper.

eta: and in your shower curtain lining, unless you buy a specific one that is free of it. When you take a hot shower the heat releases the fumes into the air, which you breathe in. Sweet eh?

September 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
it's is disgusting that this is allowed to go on in our country. it reminds me of the formula can recall in china though there they had put the wrong kind of protein in the formula which could cause kidney failure or death only here bpa is related to infertility, cancer etc.

it just makes me sick.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search