Is it normal to get tired of it?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am really getting tired of nursing. I know that sounds bad, but it is starting to hurt again because she has teeth and she seems to suck more ferociously than she ever did. I really just want to go on vacation ALONE for a week and I can't because I am nursing.

I am just wondering if I am alone or not? Its like on one hand I want to stop, but on the other its like well I already did 6 months so I guess I can do 6 more. Any advice?

September 20th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to make it to a year but am doing mini milestones. I LOVE breastfeeding but I havent gotten to the point of teeth yet!

I can tell you that whenever I get thrush I am ready to quit because it hurts so bad and is such a PITA. But I always stick with it and am always glad that I did.

I often want to quit because I have to pump so much so that I do not supplement and pumping gets old quick! So in a way I can understand where you are at. The breastfeeding Nazi in me says stay with it! You will be glad you did. I think once the pain goes away again you will look back and be glad you didnt quit. However, that being said you did a great job making it to 6 months and you have to do what is right for you and your family!

Maybe you could get away for a day (pump enough for her and just have some time to yourself? This too shall pass and they are only this little for so long!

Good luck in whatever decision you make!

(1)
September 20th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am at the point where I get tired of it sometimes too. I am tired of pumping and tired of worrying about feeding time, having a drink or 3, and I am not liking the biting down with a tooth either I also am tired of dh complaining when I am at work because Elliot is a little dependent on nursing to sleep and is a little difficult when he has to take a bottle instead. Then I read things about formula and change my mind again. What keeps me going is that he still wakes up at night time and there is no way I am getting up to fix bottles. This is the longest I've been able to breastfeed any of my kids and I am happy about that. I had a goal of 6 months and I made it so now all I do is take it day by day and at the end of the day I just can't stop yet. Good luck in your decision, you've done a great job lasting 6 months already
September 20th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's very normal. I have had many moments in the past few years of nursing that I don't enjoy it. The enjoyable parts of nursing have always outwieghed the unenjoyable parts, which is what keeps me going. You're not alone, I think we all have moments of doubt while nursing. It can't be enjoyable 100% of the time. It's the same with being a parent, there will be a bad moments, but the good ones outweigh the bad.

September 21st, 2008, 06:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I call it a labor of love

Thank you Gwynbynfoefyn for my fabulous new siggie

September 21st, 2008, 09:36 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is completely normal to have times when you wish to be done. heaven knows I have had my fair share. When I get tot hose times I reread all of the benefits & research. I know for me - those are truly the only reason I did it to begin with & reminding myself of why we started this journey in the first place & really beneficial in helping me find the desire to keep going. The beginning is typically the toughest time. From here on out you should have less & less time you feel like you want to stop & more time enjoying it (based on averages). I know times like these can be very trying. I am sorry you are struggling with it right now. I know a vacation sounds good to you right now - heck it sounds good to me too - but the reality is that most of us would be miserable to be away that long & would miss our LO's like crazy once we got there anyway. When I am having particularly difficult time with being overly tired & being woken, or when I was tired of nursing...I would take that time to tell my DS what I love him more than. For example I might say real softly "I love you more than time to myself, I love you more than a full night's sleep, I love you more than a long hot shower, I love you more than sleeping in late, I love you more than ....etc, etc, etc." In the end I KNEW all of those statements were true & they helped me to recommit to loving, patient parenting & to stick out all of the bumps that can come along with BF.

I wish you all the best & GOOD JOB MOMMA on making it to the 6 month milestone! That takes a lot of commitment!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search