Thinking of breastfeeding

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2005, 11:32 AM
winnowill's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work 40 hours a week and was wondering how hard this would be. I'm wanting to breastfeed until the baby is a year old.

January 25th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Veteran
<span style="font-family:Optima">
WELL FOR ME IT WORKED OUT GREAT CUZ I\'M A STAY AT HOME MOM.
I BREAST FED FOR 18 MONS. NO BOTTLES AT ALL.
ALL I CAN SAY IS IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING..
BEST OF LUCK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO WHAT YOUR HEART DESIRES.. </span>
January 26th, 2005, 07:55 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I worked full time with my ds and dd and breastfed. It can be done but it is a lot of work. The first thing you will need is a good quality pump. You need a double electric breastpump. I would get either a Medela Pump in Style, Ameda Purely Yours, or Whittlestone. I have only personally used the Medela but I have heard really good things about the Whittlestone and Purely Yours. But if you work full time a good quality pump is a must have. They are around two hundred dollars but when you consider how much formula costs it is worth it. You could also rent a pump from the hospital for about thirty a month.

The one thing I learned with Jeremy was to try to pump before and after work. Also to have a good freezer stash before you go back to work.

Here is JM's article on Working and Pumping

January 27th, 2005, 07:59 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well said Patty. The only thing that I could add is that yes pumping at work is very time consuming, but if you're educated on the benefits of breastmilk for your baby, and are fully dedicated (along with your husband/partner) that it's much easier (after the first few weeks back to work).
I have no idea how I missed this post, so I apologize for it taking so long, but Congratulations and I hope we see you around!

</div>
March 4th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Veteran
stay at home is the way to go (if you can)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search