Not looking forward to bfing

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2005, 06:54 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am really sorry to post any negative posts here but I could really use some support. I have always loved breastfeeding. With my ds and dd everything went perfectly and I loved it. I couldn't imagine not bfing any of my kids. Then I had Brandon. Those of you that were around JM when he was still nursing may remember how many problems we had. It was such a bad experience for me because of all the stress and all of the problems he had. It has left me with a lot of bad feelings inside. Between the bad advice I was given and him having FTT for so long because of me wanting to exclusively bf. I just haven't gotten over a lot of my bad feelings. I am glad I still have time to get ready for the new baby but I am not excited like I was with my others about bfing. Does that make sense? I just don't want to go through all the problems we did again. Sorry to be such a downer here.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 13th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Veteran
You're not a downer!

Djuna Emily
Born September 16, 2004
March 13th, 2005, 09:13 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
((((((((((((((((Patty)))))))))))))))))) You are not being a downer. You need support and that's what we are here for. It's situations like these that I am really glad that I can be here at JM, because I've been where you are now. As you know we had a lot of problems with Anika too. I was only able to breastfeed her until she was 11 weeks old. Then I pumped exclusively for another 2 months. She was feed through a tube until she was 10 months old. I felt much like you did when I was pregnant with Corbin, so much so that I cried at every OB appt. (and there were a lot b/c of the high risk situation!). We are here for you now and when your new sweet little Moo comes. My experience having Corbin has been so healing. Before he came, and after I had Anika, I was a walking wound. I can't quite describe it any better than that- but I think you know what I mean. Corbin healed me, and I'll be praying that your new sweet miracle does the same. Corbin was also our little suprise, and while I think God has a LOT more planned for this little man, I definately think that Corbin is the answer to a prayer I never dared to utter.

</div>
March 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Thanks for your encouragement. I did have a positive experience bfing with my other two so I know that it is not always like this. I am trying not to think negative. I appreciate all your support and how great this board is.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 14th, 2005, 10:13 AM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
awwwwwwwwww patty! Big hugs sweetie!!! I don't know what to say other than to take it one day at a time. There are so many other issues surrounding Brandon, that were being ignored, that you couldn't have known.

I'll pray that things go differently this time. You'll do great. This time, you'll know what to look for, and have so much more knowledge under your belt. You're a great mom,t otally in tune!!!

Lots of Love
Tracy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search