Have you been to a La Leche League meeting?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 10:07 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I just went to our first. It was a lot of fun. I went because our baby yoga instructor said it would be a good way for us to meet like minded mommies and babies. It was so much fun! The kids/babies ranged in age from 4 months on up to 3+ years old. One woman tandem nursed her 3.5 year old and one year old. I was impressed! I plan on going back next month. It was also good for Zoe to interact with new babies.

Have you ever been to a meeting?

April 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM
mommabirdof4
Oh yes, I try to make it to two a month...one is at night so I get to just take JoJo and it is a lot easier for me to listen to everyone and actively be involoved. I also go to one that is during the day but I don't get to listen much since I am running around with my son.

I love them!!!!!
April 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love to go to a LLL meeting but Unfortunately we live in such a small town that we dont have LLL around here. I dont even know where the nearest one would be but if it wasnt in my hometown I couldnt go anyway because My car is a piece of junk and money is very hard to come by or to keep these days and I would not be able to travel to one that is far away. I am Jealous lol.

April 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
green's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, and I love going! The other moms are all so nice, and I've learned a ton about nursing.

April 7th, 2010, 08:46 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
I just went to our first. It was a lot of fun. I went because our baby yoga instructor said it would be a good way for us to meet like minded mommies and babies. It was so much fun! The kids/babies ranged in age from 4 months on up to 3+ years old. One woman tandem nursed her 3.5 year old and one year old. I was impressed! I plan on going back next month. It was also good for Zoe to interact with new babies.

Have you ever been to a meeting?
where did you go meredith? i might be interested in checking it out. regardless, we should try to get our peanut babies together sometime this summer! we live so close!
April 7th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
where did you go meredith? i might be interested in checking it out. regardless, we should try to get our peanut babies together sometime this summer! we live so close!
Kimberton, first Tuesday of every month, in the AM. If you go to another, I would be interested in meeting up with you, if my work schedule allows. Definitely we should get together We are so close!

April 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been to a few meetings over the past 18 months or so in our area. I really love going to meetings! I really should make an effort to go at least once a month, I've met some great moms there.

What area of PA are you from Meredith?

Expecting baby #4!

April 7th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
I have been meaning to get to one, but haven't yet, at least not as a mom. My mom used to be a LLL leader, so I used to go to them when I was little!
April 8th, 2010, 04:38 AM
I am in south eastern PA.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search