Weird text message

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't even know how to take this. It was from a friend who had her baby the same time as me, but she only pumped the first day and then went to formula. Oh, and I guess I should add that I'm telling everyone I'm stopping at a year even though I don't even know that for sure. I'm planning on just going with the flow.

From her:
"Just thought of something - you may want to stop breastfeeding before shcool is out otherwise your milk may not dry up till August."

I replied:
"Hmm, I hadn't thought of that." (I had no clue what to say to that)

Her response:
"You will be with her all summer (we're teachers) therefore making milk."

What does that even mean? I never responded after that because I thought it was so weird.

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

April 7th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is bizarre. Why would she say anything about your breastfeeding, as far as I can tell it's your business if your still making milk come August! Some people are just too nosy for their own good.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
April 7th, 2010, 12:43 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Some people just need to say what they feel. drives me nuts. i constantly get the "when are you stopping" question, and it drives me nuts.
But that is a really dumb reason to stop.
April 7th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't understand why it would matter if I'm still making milk in August. Plus, even if I do stop when she's one, there's nothing to say when I'll dry up. She's also the one who told me to stop so that my boobs will fit in my bridesmaid dress in June (not her wedding - don't worry, it's not a bridezilla thing).

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

April 7th, 2010, 01:02 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
wow. i would be speechless.

April 7th, 2010, 05:34 PM
JT_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weird. I guess she must be really concerned about your milk drying up to have put that much thought into it. She probably just feels like a failure or regrets stopping so wants you to as well. Maybe it is a slap in the face to her?

I find it annoying too. The past couple weeks, I haven't been getting as much when pumping at work (think it is stress related) and I said I was worried because I didn't want him to run out of milk while he is at his Dad's and a couple people commented that he is almost 6 months old and there really isn't any reason to BF after that anyway. WT*????
April 7th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm, yeah, I'm not really sure what she was even trying to get at with that. It sounds a lot like the typical "You need to stop breastfeeding now" nosiness, which drives me nuts! My boobs = my business.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search