Lost my freezer stash :(

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
jenn2350's Avatar Veteran
Last night when we got home DH noticed water all over the floor in front of the fridge. He opened the freezer door and everything has thawed.

I attempted to save my milk but it was too warm in there. Apparently it had been going out over the course of a couple days and we didn't notice...

I only had 12oz saved up, but it took SO much work to get even that.

I am barely pumping enough throughout the day to keep up with just how much he eats. I've added an extra session at work, I power pump in the evenings, and now it looks like I will have to pump during the 4 hour stretch he FINALLY started sleeping at night.

I eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast, drink tons of water, and baked a huge batch of monster cookies. I'm allergic to any sort of herbal supplements so those are out.

I am just so stressed and thought I'd vent....

Any miracle ways you can think of to maybe help build my stash while BF and working full time?

April 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you lost your stash! I hope you are able to build it back up, but please don't be hard on yourself because many moms can't pump as much as their LO would eat. The pump is just often not as efficient as the LO.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 26th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just saw your post and I got really sad I would totally freak if I lost my stash. Sorry you are going through this.

April 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
RawrDiino's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to RawrDiino Send a message via Yahoo to RawrDiino
I dont have any suggestions, unfortunately, but I wanted to offer big because I understand how much it takes to build up a 12 oz stash. I am so sorry you lost it mama.
мα∂єℓуи 4.8.10
вєвє вєαи є∂∂ 7.30.11
ωιfєу тσ נσни 9.25.10
April 27th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
So sorry to hear this mama Have you tried pumping on the unused breast while your LO is eating on the other? It must be so hard to pump enough milk while you're also working.
April 27th, 2010, 05:45 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard that if you hand express you can get up to 4 more oz than you normally would with an electric pump..now I dont know myself how to hand express, but its my intention to learn bc my boobs are NOT pump friendly. Sorry to hear about your stash, I honestly would have cried. We work so hard for that milk!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
April 27th, 2010, 06:33 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Aww! I'm sorry you lost your stash! I lost 17oz recently when my mother insisted that it would be fine in a cooler for over 24 hours, then put ALL my stash in the cooler, frozen. It was thawed within 20 hours. I'm working on rebuilding it, and I agree with a pp. Pump while you feed. I get at least an ounce more when I do that.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search