Ignorant husbands

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Super Mommy
the other day I was giving myself a pat on the back for breastfeeding for 3 months (this is our first child) when my husband turned to me and said sarcasticaly..."is it really that hard." I could have killed him, he has no idea how hard this has been for me. I work full time and pump 3-4Xs a day and nurse all night long some nights. I've been engorged several times and do 90% of the work when it comes to feeding our child. I think I deserve a little bit of credit. ANy ideas on how to help husbands see what a sacrifice breastfeeding can be at times or is it impossible for someone w/o boobs to understand??

Thanks Babydoll213 for the perfect siggy!

April 27th, 2010, 06:54 PM
MrsAndMommy
The fact that you work and pump makes it a thousand times MORE difficult. My husband understands because he sees how little she sleeps on breastmilk and how much she'll sleep on formula.
April 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I agree with PP. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to work and BF. Congratulations to you! As for your DH, I think if he doesn't realize it by now, it would be really hard to make him realize it. At least you know that you are doing what is best for your baby, maybe he will come to realize it on his own.
April 27th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Rebecca^'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rebecca^ Send a message via MSN to Rebecca^ Send a message via Yahoo to Rebecca^
Wow - I dont know - I give you all the props for making it to three months AND working! Wow!

My husband is so supportive of breastfeeding. I often say that if it hadn't been for his wonderful support, I would have likely just quit when it got really hard with my daughter Anna. He has such a look of pride when he tells people our kids were breastfed and it completely warms my heart.

I'm sorry hon but you are doing awesome!!!!
April 28th, 2010, 05:19 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I have no idea. My DH is totally in awe of me and the bf'ing. I work as well and it is HARD to pump enough (and even find time at work to pump!) and bf all night long. Does he not wake up when she wakes up at night? I think this is what made my DH realize what a strain it is on me, even now, at 11+ months, she bf 2-6 times a night.

April 28th, 2010, 08:58 AM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
Yes, working makes it SO much harder, good for you for making it this long!!!!!
April 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
every time she wakes at night to eat wake him up and keep him awake until shes done.a few nights of this and he will change his view im sure,and to make it even harder every time during the day at work when you pump and at home when you nurse call him and have him drop everything he is doing at that moment..just stop for the duration of the pumping/nursing session. he will see how much time you put into it if not ...at least he will have enough sense to keep his trap shut

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
April 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, most men will never REALLY get it. My DH would NEVER have been able to keep up BF like I have with having to pump at work.

That is why we all come here - to get support and company of women who truly understand our accomplishments and sacrifices

I am always amazed at women who work full time and continue to BF - very difficult and worth lots of praise.

(sorry...NAK)

April 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks guys for the support! wclark602002, I love your idea and should try it out on a saturday. I think one day of that would make him rethink his remark.

Thanks Babydoll213 for the perfect siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search