Domperidone

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 07:15 PM
lunchbox
I am seriously wanting to try and to relactate but I really don't want to wait 3 weeks for it to get here via airmail. The sooner I start, the better off I'll be. Hoping this will help get things on a roll.

Last edited by lunchbox; April 29th, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
April 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried any of the herbs that can help increase your supply? That may be a good start if you can't get domperidone for a few weeks.

April 27th, 2010, 08:20 PM
lunchbox
I am going to buy some Fenugreek tomorrow and I have a friend mailing me some Mother's Milk Tea. Are there any others you know of/would recommend?
April 27th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Super Mommy
I plan on getting some Domperidone some how also. I plan on getting More Milk Plus tincture.

Exclusively nursing my handsome son!!!
April 27th, 2010, 08:58 PM
lunchbox
Thanks for letting me know about the More Milk Plus. I think I am going to order some tonight and try to use it in conjunction with the domperidone. I really hope this works.
April 28th, 2010, 06:15 AM
HuskerMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you all able to get this medicine? I've done my research, but most sites I've been too were confusing and or stating information regarding the FDA.
April 28th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think domperidone is prescribed in Canada a lot, but from what I've read, they don't regularly prescribe it in the US. Have you talked to your doctor about getting some? That's your fastest way to get a prescription for it. Be VERY careful about ordering it off of the internet, you never know what you might get and who you are getting it from! Here's a link on prescription medications for increasing your supply:
kellymom.com :: Prescription drugs used for increasing milk supply

And also herbs for increasing milk supply: kellymom.com :: What is a galactagogue? Do I need one?
Fenugreek and blessed thistle are the 2 most common herbs used.

This might be the More Milk Plus, I've heard really good things about it: Breastfeeding: Motherlove Herbal Company

The best thing you can do to relactate or increase your supply is to pump and let your baby nurse though. The herbs or prescriptions should be used as a supplement to help you out, but not as the only thing to get your supply back.
kellymom.com :: Relactation and Adoptive Breastfeeding
LLLI | Relactation

April 28th, 2010, 11:12 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've used Domperidone and it did help my supply, but it also did a number on my hormones in other ways. That's why I discontinued it.

The next thing I tried was the More Milk Plus (Special Blend because I have PCOS). This worked much better than the Domperidone and didn't screw up my hormones. I would definitely recommend it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search