breastfeeding chart with twins

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyXs2
did anyone plan on keeping a chart and actually do it? i am having twins and found a great chart i love but was wondering when the babies are here do u actually have time to keep up with it? it also has a spot to keep up with diapers and bowel movements... i kno my hubby will help with it so i have support...

May 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i did the first three weeks, my pedi wanted it because her jaundice was so bad she had to eat every 2 hours round the clock and had to keep up with all poo and p's..it was kinda hard to do though but it made my worrying alot less so if your prone to worry ( im a big worrier) i would definately reccomend it the first few weeks anyhow

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
May 24th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It never hurts to try and see what happens. I think it's helpful for some people and others just find that it gets in the way more than anything. We used one in the hospital with my first daughter, but we stopped after a few days because it was just for thier use to make sure she was getting enough to eat. With twins it may be a little more helpful, because you have 2 babies to keep track of. Twins also tend to be a little earlier which means they are sleepier and don't always wake to eat when they should.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

May 26th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keeping track of what they are eating is a must in the beginning with lots of twins. DH and I used a notebook for each child and other people use a dry erase board. I know there is an iPhone app for it, but we didn't use that. We kept track of how long they ate, how they latched, what side they each ate on and if we changed a wet or poopy diaper. We had some issues with weight gain and this was amazing to have. They were not good at nursing, so for most feedings I nursed them and then gave them a bottle of pumped milk, so we also wrote down how many ml they ate of milk. We did this for about 3 weeks and then didn't need it any longer. I highly suggest doing this with twins because if you're anything like me, you'll be tired and won't remember who you fed, if you fed them together or not, when you fed them etc. It was so nice to look back and not have to rely on my memory.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search