BF at the pool

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure if this is a topic that has been discussed here at all, I tried doing a search but didn't see much. I don't post here very much, but I have been EBF for 4 months now. We have had our issues but I think things are going well. I'm getting more comfortable with nursing in public. I rarely use a cover anymore...that thing gets in the way more than anything.

Anyway, with Memorial Day weekend upon us, I was thinking of going to the pool. HOWEVER, what do I wear to be able to nurse while at the pool. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a new swimsuit since my body has changed so much since last summer and I'm not completely opposed to getting a nursing swimsuit, but where to find one???

I'm pretty well endowed up there (and then some since I've been bf), so it's difficult to find a suit that will cover. Do you ladies just wear regular suits and pull them down? Do you buy nursing swimsuits? Any tricks???

May 28th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
im looking forward to an answer for this..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
May 28th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
i hadn't even thought about this. we're goin to the pool sunday. we'll be out there for a while so i will need to nurse, the last time we were in the water it wasn't for any length of time. i'm interested to see an answer here too.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 28th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
oops...double post

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a pool and I've nursed Colin in my regular suit. It was easy to just pull down the one cup.

May 28th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Rebecca^'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rebecca^ Send a message via MSN to Rebecca^ Send a message via Yahoo to Rebecca^
I have also nursed in my regular suit but I am also very endowed so I do bring a small rec'g blanket or a cloth diaper to put over the exposed top of my breast - since there is a lot of it. I have also used a nursing tank as a bathsuit top for swimming/nursing before.
May 28th, 2010, 09:58 AM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be trying nip at the local pool this weekend. Though I'm not that well endowed, only a c cup while bf, I still plan to cover up. I thought I could just use my towel though. I'll let you know how it goes.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

May 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've nursed at the pool and beach. I have a nursing swimsuit that I got from motherwear.com. I believe expressiva.com has nursing suits too. I think a regular bathing suit would work too, I would want a receiving blanket or something to cover my boob though.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

May 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't remember a time that I've had to nurse when wearing a swimsuit, but we don't have a local pool or beach nearby, so we don't go swimming a lot. I would probably just pull down the strap of my suit to nurse. I'm sure Motherhood.com has some nursing swimsuits you could buy. If you wanted to cover up, you could probably just drape yoru towel over your shoulder and let it hang down so it covers your breast while your baby is nursing.

Expecting baby #4 in April - It's a BOY!

Two Little Monkies on Etsy
May 28th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My suit is pretty easy to nurse in, I can just pop the boobie out and not even undo the strap...although this makes it risky to wear while swimming with him as he can cause it to come out just by hanging onto me...eek!

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

May 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylucyrn1 View Post
My suit is pretty easy to nurse in, I can just pop the boobie out and not even undo the strap...although this makes it risky to wear while swimming with him as he can cause it to come out just by hanging onto me...eek!
I have a suit like this too, but realized there are many opportunities for accidental flashing when I wear it!

I didn't even know they made nursing bathing suits!

May 28th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just use regular suits as well. I've only nursed them in a two piece and not a one piece suit. And so far it's only been in our back yard after they've been swimming. I had to get a suit with ties so it would fit both my rib cage and boobs.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

May 28th, 2010, 09:31 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
I use regular suits. I had a one-piece with DD1 and we nursed at the pool too many times to count!

This year I bought a tankini. I will probably just pull down the cup rather than to up the tankini, but either would work. I cover up using a towel.

Land's End had a really good selection and a sizing option for larger breasts!
May 29th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Super Mommy
I just nurse wearing my regular suit and pulling down the cup.
DS-02/12/02
DS-05/11/05
DD-10/16/07
Angel-11/08
DS-10/29/09

May 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
smileybrea's Avatar ♥ Proud Doula & CPST ♥
I have a regular 1 peice suit that has a halter type top. I can usually just pull it out but it's easy to untie as well. I'm fairly large (DDD/E) and have no problems but when I'm at a public pool, I use a towel or blanket to cover what's exposed since there's a lot of it I don't normally cover but I'm not normally that exposed either.

Did you know that 95% of children are not properly restrained in a vehicle?
Make sure your child is not one of them!

May 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM
JT_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to the beach a couple weeks ago and didn't try on my suits before the trip. When I got there, none of my tops fit. I ended up just wearing one of my nursing tanks with a bikini bottom. I will probably just do this all summer rather than spend money on a nursing suit. I don't go to the pool much and I have no more beach trips planned.
May 30th, 2010, 09:16 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had to use my nursing suit ever summer starting in 2006 so it was a good investment for me! lol

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search