Quick Question

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2005, 05:58 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I was just wondering how long after breast feeding did it take you to get back on a somewhat normal menstrual cycle?

I'm asking because mine has been pretty messed up since I stopped breastfeeding in mid december. Before I got pregnant, AF showed up like clockwork, every 28 days... now I'm on day 36 of this current cycle. I didnt know if this was just based on the breastfeeding or if I should be calling my doctor.

(BTW: I already took a pregnancy test, it was negative)

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 22nd, 2005, 07:54 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always gotten AF at 12 weeks post partum even while exclusively breastfeeding (for going on 10 months now). When I do get it back, the first couple of AF's are wierd, but after that I'm pretty regular. Sorry I'm no help.

</div>
March 22nd, 2005, 08:42 PM
Veteran
I got AF back 8.5 months after having DD. And it still isn't normal. I thought that I would have a new "normal" cycle of 33-34 days, then it went back to 28. And then it went up to 35 days, that worried me so I took a pregnancy test. It was negative too. I'm not sure if it's related to breastfeeding or not.
Expecting #2 in October
March 22nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your body takes time to adjust the hormone levels and it can mess AF up for a bit, sometimes it is permanent but only time will tell.
March 23rd, 2005, 04:50 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone with the funny cycle.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search