Eek, I'm not ready for this yet!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Veteran
My DD turned 4 months old yesterday and today I noticed she has two teeth already! I am terrified of being bitten and since she is so young I don't think she will even understand if I try to tell her no. Let's hope she is just not a biter and I am lucky!

Emily
February 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You already are lucky ... she had her teeth come in without the misery from the sound of it. My DD is 6 months old and we haven't had a good night's rest in a month (and I consider 4 night wakings a good night's rest) and it's because of the teething.

I wouldn't worry about it until it happens.

February 9th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Super Mommy
Wow! Let us know how things work out for you. I'm terrified of being bitten too!

Thank you *Kiliki* For my Beautiful Siggi
February 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
My DD is 3 months and yanks on the boob sometimes like she's stretching. Like she pulls her head back like she's stretching. So what's going to happen when this behavior is combined with little mouth razors? Agghh!! I'm so scared!!

[url=http://lilypie.com]
February 9th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I never got bitten but I got accidentally nipped few times. Your LO has to break the latch before she can bite you.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
February 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry too much about being bitten It really isn't all that bad! I went through it with both my boys and it didn't last long--when it would happen, I'd stick my finger in to break their latch, remove them while saying "no, that hurts mommy" and then not let them back on for a few moments. Both of them began associating biting with no nursing pretty quick and stopped I know I dreaded it happening, too, but I think my mind made it out to be much worse than it ever was
February 10th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Super Mommy
Don't worry about it. They really can't bite with those bottom teeth while nursing because the tongue is in the way. And you will get pretty good at anticipating when biting is likely to happen (for my DD it was at the end of a feeding and she was bored) and you just unlatch them before they get a chance. Not a big deal.

February 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Caleb didn't get his first two bottom teeth until he was over 8 months old, so he was quite capable of biting me if he wanted to, and he hasn't yet. He's pulled away and let them kind of nip me, but it's never actually hurt. More of like a startled, "Hey!" on my end, which jolts him and makes him let go. I wouldn't let the fear of being bitten discourage you from enjoying nursing for as long as possible. Especially at 4 months old, your DD is only concerned with nursing right now, and not playing like older babies tend to want to do a lot of the time.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search