more issues

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2011, 07:10 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Yesterday, Teddy had two obviously bloody diapers, and horrendous diarrhea. The only thing i can think of, is that he's reacting to egg. I started cryng yesterday just because i felt so awful. (probalby didn't help that i'd been awake for 36 hours after a night shift) We're going back to the pedi today. No idea what advice they are going to give me. I already told them that Teddy won't take the formula. He'll just go on a hunger strike.

February 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
well, if you think it was the egg, can you just stop the egg?

February 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I LOVE MY PEDI!!! That's what i wanted to do, just stop the egg. I was starting to panic though, thinking that it might be something else, and that he was suffering. Blah blah blah. My pedi said i'm doing the best thing i can for him, and that if i can tolerate the diet changes, to just keep nursing. She says the only reason the sometimes reccomend formula, is that some mothers just don't stick to the diet properly. Shes letting me do the stool blood tests from home since i'm a nurse, so we can stop going in every time something happens. She says nursing is the best thing you can do for an allergy baby

February 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
that is awesome You have a good doctor!

February 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm glad your doctor is pro-BF'ing! When I took Caleb to the doctor's over a bloody diaper, it ended up being an anal fissure (it's a small cut/crack in the skin right around the inside of the bum hole), so did you check for that? I hope it's nothing serious!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Super Mommy
I had that problem with dairy! We haven't seen blood in a week now! I do wonder if there are trace amounts that would be picked up on a test though. Great for you to continue nursing! My family is always saying that it is too hard to get rid of dairy and that I should just quit, but once you figure it out alternatives are easy to find!

Thank you *Kiliki* For my Beautiful Siggi
February 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy1989 View Post
I'm glad your doctor is pro-BF'ing! When I took Caleb to the doctor's over a bloody diaper, it ended up being an anal fissure (it's a small cut/crack in the skin right around the inside of the bum hole), so did you check for that? I hope it's nothing serious!
Yes, he's been checked for that. Its definatley and allergy. Poor kid gets rashes and wheezing along with his vomiting and bloody diarrhea. Thanks though.

February 11th, 2011, 09:56 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Poor guy! I'm glad your pedi isn't pushing formula
February 11th, 2011, 09:27 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is Teddy feeling now?

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search