Nursing Questions..

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Micah will be a month old on Saturday and up until this week nursed with no major issues. All week long though his nursing during the day takes forever, well over an hour but he will go 2-2 1/2 hours between feeding. While he nurses though he squirms and pulls off a lot even though I burp him often, he doesn't seem to be bothered by gas pain once he is done eating though.

Now night time is a different story, He'll eat and fall asleep rather quickly between 9 and 10 (probably due to the cluster feeding since 6pm). He'll wake around 12am -1am and then be up for 2 to 3 hours (not sleeping) nursing, rooting around and crying. Will finally fall asleep around 3-3:30 just to wake at 5am and do it all over again. This has been going on for over a week and I'm downright exhausted. Is he doing this because he's hungry and not getting enough from me. My supply seems strong, I'll have a letdown at each feeding and am able to pump a 4oz bottle a day (for my freezer stash) I don't know what to do.

I nursed my 3yo for 18 months and never had an issue even at night he was the perfect nurser...

March 4th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could it be his growth spurt habits are different from your first son and he's just going through the three week spurt? My two boys were completely different when it came to how they went through a growth spurt My first would nurse every twenty minutes round the clock for a full seven days but my second little guy would marathon nurse for several hours, sleep, marathon nurse, sleep, take a few days off and then do it again Kept me on my toes--I never quite knew when he'd start up again during the week
March 4th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I thought he went through one last week because we had a few days of similar behavior but this week is worse..

March 4th, 2011, 08:46 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
It sounds like you have enough milk, could it be gas at night and he is uncomfortable? have you tried cosleeping so you can try to catch some sleep while this is going on all night?

March 4th, 2011, 08:50 AM
We already co-sleep and he still wakes up as often...he actually refuses to sleep in the swing or crib at all!! I'm at my wits end..I almost gave him a formula bottle last night because I thought he might be hungry but ended up not doing it...

March 5th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I'm hoping I found the issue, I think he has a milk sensitivity, I didn't have ANY milk yesterday and he was content and slept really well last night!!

March 5th, 2011, 01:49 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
DD was very sensitive to dairy in the first months, i hope that is all it is!

March 5th, 2011, 03:13 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ruby did/does the exact same thing. I cut out dairy starting last week. I know it is sooo tiring. I have a 19 month-old too. It can take weeks for the airy to leave your milk, so don't get discouraged.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search