Need some inspiration from fellow extended

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Ana_and_Gage's_Mommy
I am having a hard time dealing with the twiddeling and pinching and bouncing around on mom's nursies that comes along with nursing a MALE toddler!!!! Who knew they were BORN this way, LOL!!! Anyhow, I dont want to give up, no intention of it, I want him to nurse until at least 2, but how do you do it without getting irritated or sometimes resenting it ladies? I quit nursing my daughter at 15 months because I was unaware at that time the of the benefits of nursing longer, and she was never like my son is now at 13 months. Some days he drives me crazy, and its not helping that he is cutting some top teeth right now either, he is not sleeping well and is nuring all night long!!!

Help, before I go nuts!! Anything would be great, inspiration, telling me your story and showing me you know how Im feeling, a plan to stop some of the twiddleing and pinching and bouncing, anything......

Cyndee

April 7th, 2005, 12:21 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi. I dont know much about breastfeeding but wanted to show you something. nursing necklaces. I found this a few weeks ago while looking for something else. I thought maybe it may help with your son. You could easily make one yourself.

Good luck with him.

April 7th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Ana_and_Gage's_Mommy
Have one , it just distracts him from nursing, LOL, not from the other stuff, go figure . But thanks for the suggestion, maybe Ill pull it out again, just incase it has a different effect than it use to.

cyndee

April 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((((((((((Cyndee))))))))))))))) I unfortuneately know exactly what you're going through- and Corbin's only 10 months old!!!!
What I've been doing though, is I gave him a pacifier from the NICU- I forget what they're called, but it's all once piece and blue. Anyway- he twiddles THAT nipple!!!! Wahoo!!!
We were at a playdate and he grabbed another babies' pacifier and started twiddling- that's how I figured it out, ROFL.

<~~Mom of son who's never been interested in any nipples other than mine, lol.

</div>
April 8th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Veteran
Cyndee,
Here's my story, but not much in the way of inspiration. I feel for ya!
My DD is starting to do silly things when she's nursing. She is 14 months old. When we're at home nursing we usually lay down. What she does is put both of her hands under my bra and in between my breasts. She also likes to rub her hand on my belly. I try to keep her from doing it, but sometimes she gets upset if I stop her.
I think that it's probably better for me if I teach her some nursing manners so I don't get embarrassed if nursing in public.

*edited spelling
Expecting #2 in October
April 9th, 2005, 11:57 AM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
utterly (no pun intended) annoying isn't it?

Liam has done this since he was 15 months old. I have effectively broken him from the habit during the nighttime and we're working on daytime. I just tell him no and put him down if he continues. It does cause an occassional meltdown, but usually if I pick him bakc up and remind him "no twiddle", he will slam his arm down to his side in frustration, but he won't do it.

I HATE HATE HATE it. I actually considered weaning him a few months ago because it was to thepoitn that it was making me angry. I don't know how I got over that, but man alive, is that feeling confusing to the libido!!!! He had to stop. Now, the only time he does it is if he is REALLY tired.

I just keep firm in saying "no twiddle" and hopefully it will stop soon.

Now, if I could just get him to stop "fitch" (switching)! nurse right side for 3 suckles .. "FITCH" "FITCH" "FITCH" omg... I'm gonna scream.

He's welcome to wean anytime he wants, preferably sooner than later LOLOL

Tracy
April 13th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Ana_and_Gage&#39;s_Mommy
Thanks ladies, for your stories, and your suggestions we will just keep working on it

Cyndee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search