Ouch!! Any advice?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 01:29 PM
brightmommy's Avatar Veteran
So the past couple of weeks my nipples have gotten really sore again. At first I thought maybe it was because she had started nursing a little more frequently again and it would go away in a couple of days when my body adjusted. Well it hasn't. In fact the last couple of days have been really bad and my nipples hurt even when she isn't nursing. Then, after her third nursing session this morning I noticed that I have a blood blister on my right nipple!! Uggh! I thought all this was over!

So after I noticed that I have been soaking in saline solution after each nursing. I have been using lanolin for the last few days, but now I am putting it on every time. I have really been trying to watch her latch and make sure she is on good, but I don't really see anything wrong with it. Why did this start again all of a sudden? I just don't get it. Any advice?

March 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
could it be thrush??????

March 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM
miamor
if it is thrush, the lanolin is a bad idea. i remember when i went in for really bad thrush my OB told me the lanolin was like a feast for the yeast and to stop.
you could try a vinegar wash for the non blistered nipple to see if it helps.
March 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
brightmommy's Avatar Veteran
Well AF arrived for the first time PP yesterday. Uugh! So I'm thinking maybe this explains the sensitivity and soreness the last couple of days. My other side is pretty much back to normal today, no pain there. However, the side with the blister is still pretty sore, but I'm hoping that will go away soon. I don't really know what caused it, but oh well. I was thinking thrush for a while because the symptoms can be so varied, but like I said the other side is feeling better and I don't have any of the risk factors for it right now (just had antibiotics, hormone birth control, etc.) so I am hoping that it is not the case.

March 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
i just recently got my first PP AF (HA!) and my nipples were beyond sore. as for the blister, do you have any triple nipple cream/ all purpose nipple ointment? i would put that on, if you do not have it, neosporin, just wipe off before nursing. I would put it on all day long until it is healed. I had a milk blister that just would not heal and after many many many weeks, triple nipple cream a gazillion times a day did the trick.

March 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, my nipples got sore when AF returned.

Thank you Vicki!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search