Lets talk about baby poop!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Last week Zoe had not made a dirty diaper for 5 days. My mom kept telling me "that isn't normal!" So I took her into the Dr who told me it is fine and if we hit a week that was too long and I should think about doing something. Well we hit the week mark and nothing. So I gave her a suppository. Her stool was thick and a dark color. A few days later the same thing. Is this normal? How long is too long for them to go without a bowel movement when EBF?

March 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
breastmilk is easily digested and many ebf babies poop once a week, it is not abnormal at all. i would be concerned if she seemed in pain or straining, but otherwise, it is not abnormal. i found that DD could go days without pooping, and then would poop like 3 times in a day, LOL.

March 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to the previous poster.

We took Nicholas to the doctor for the same thing and he was saying he's seen EBF kids go as long as 20 days without pooping. Nicholas pooped once a week or so while EBF.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 15th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My 2nd dd who was ebf did not poop every day. It was usually every 3-4 and sometimes even longer. My ped. told me that as long as she wasn't straining to go or in pain it was fine. Also, when she did go as long as it was not like pebbles it was fine. When it comes out "pebbly" that can be a sign of constipation. I don't think you have to worry about constipation in a ebf baby. My now 3 month old son doesn't poop every day either. He's gone as long as 3 days.
March 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS unfortunately is a big pooper, lol. But, he did slow down a lot around the 3-month mark and he would go a couple of days with no poop. Now he is back to 2-3 poops a day. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Thank you Vicki!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search