Not my baby..but question!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 11:17 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I babysat a little one who is 2 months old a couple days ago. I noticed when giving her a bottle of expressed milk that she makes this weird clicking sound.
I asked her mom if that was typical for her and she said yes, she always clicks even when nursing.
I remember that my friend (her mom) had said that she had been clogged in one breast a few weeks ago and that she always felt very full.
She said baby nurses fine, which I don't doubt..but I tend to wonder if baby has a shallow latch? It looked like she did while eating from the bottle, but no matter how many times I readjusted the bottle, she kept clicking.
Could this cause problems for mama? My friend really wants to breastfeed for a while so I figured if the clicking is a problem, solving it sooner rather than later will help her immensely.
My friend had also said something about the Dr saying baby wasn't growing fast enough, but I changed 2 poos and 2 pees while babysitting for only 4 hours, so I'd say she's probably getting plenty. She's only 9ish pounds though..but I had a huge baby so I have nothing to compare it to.
Anyone know anything about clicking while nursing?
DD never did it, so im stumped!
If it helps any, she was using a breastflow bottle I believe.

April 20th, 2012, 03:58 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
hmmm i think you are right that it could be a shallow latch or incorrect latch with the clicking. can't hurt to have her see a LC or LLL just to double check. Most women start with an over supply the first month or two, so feeling really full is probably normal at this stage, but definitely worth getting a second pair of trained eyes on her nursing. as far as growth, all babies grow really differently and breastfed babies can grow slower than formula fed babies for sure.

April 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
My LO sometimes breaks his latch when he's eating too vigorously. I found this information at the KellyMom site, and found it helpful. I hope it's a simple problem or no problem at all for her!

My baby makes a clicking sound when nursing. Is this a problem? : KellyMom

April 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
My Madison clicks her tongue if I have a forceful let down or if she's being lazy. My breast are empty and nipples aren't sore so I never thought much of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search