Engorged w/ blocked ducts

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My breasts have been engorged and side of both breast have a hard lump, which I think is a block duct. It's been 6 days now that it has been like this, and I have been giving my breasts to my baby every 2-3hrs. Most times 2hrs. I've done the warm hot water bottle before feelings, and also done the cold compresses after feeding. And no change

I don't really have any other signs that I could have a breast infection. I don't think I do. So I'm wondering if this is normal, for going on 6 days. Oh, I've also done the hot showers and hand expressing the milk out. Also done some up,ping as well. Nothing seems to work. My bay sucks on my breast during feelings well, so I'm assuming she's getting some milk out. How much of, I am not sure. I have been giving her formula as a supplement due to her jaundice.

Anyway, any feedback will be appreciated. My breast are so sore
April 21st, 2012, 04:45 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
have you tried breast compressions? what i would do is heat pack on breast, then get into a super duper hot shower, then start at the base of the breast and squeeze very very hard, like bruising your breast hard, and work your way up towards the nipple. eventually i would see a white speck on the nipple and that was dried milk and once it was squeezed out, the milk would flow, though there was often more dried milk behind that. it is so painful to deal with, i totally feel for you.

i know there was a woman on here who said she used a vibrator on her breast to move it, LOL, and others have tried nursing on their hands and knees dangling the breast above baby. i never tried those!

April 21st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I ditto the hot shower and breast compressions. I've had blocked ducts, but never lasting this long; you must be so miserable! If you develop a fever, call your doctor!

Do the hot shower, then compressions, and then go feed your baby immediately after toweling off. That's how I got rid of mine! Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search