What would you do?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I went to the dentist today because I had a throbbing tooth. I've been having problems with sensitivity in this tooth after a filling in september. Dentist said the pulp on the inside is dying and is infected <pretty bad pain>. I've been taking Ibuprofen but it's not really touching it. He prescribed amoxicillin and Tylenol #2 (with codeine). I'm scheduled for a root canal on Thursday. I did take the tylenol with codeine because I was hurting so bad. Now after researching it, I'm a little scared. It is classified as L3 which is moderately safe. Should I pump and dump? DS is 4 months old.

I'm leaning towards pumping and dumping just for peace of mind.
April 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
tylenol with codeine is often prescribed for pregnant women, i would take it if it were me.

April 26th, 2012, 01:07 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Yup. Not needed. You should be fine.

April 26th, 2012, 02:26 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are fine. Doc's give that to c-section moms even when BFing. Short term use is not a problem. Good luck with your tooth!

April 27th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
It should be safe; I used it while pregnant with no problem.

April 27th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Hmmm i believe you had your root canal yesterday? How are you feeling?

April 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
THanks ladies. I ended up taking the meds. The pain was unbearable! Jonathan is fine. I had such a bad night last monday that I called them Tuesday and said they absolutely had to DO something!!!! The tooth had been filled because of a cavity last September. I went back in October and December with pretty intense hot/cold sensitivity and they kept telling me the filling just needed time to "settle." Anyway...it turned into a full blown toothache with a now dead tooth and infection. The root canal was painful because of the infection but I was glad to get it done. It's been almost a week and I still have a little swelling and am still on antibx.

After the 2nd day I was able to just use motrin and ice to help with pain. I did pump and dump right after I took the codeine mainly just for peace of mind. I have a bunch of milk in my freezer so I figured I didn't have much to lose. I've got to say though....bf'ing is so much more convenient than bottle feeding!!!!

So me and baby J are back in the swing of things! Thanks for all your responses!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search