Baby sleeping thrrough night now. Supply question

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
My 14 week old just started sleeping all night. Praise the lord!!

Anyway my breasts are very full now when I wake up but she's not awake yet. I've been using this time to pump a few ounces off the nemo boob. (my small right boob).
I am storing milk in 2 or 3 oz bags to use in cereal once she starts eating it.
I then nurse her on the full left side when she wakes up.

Do you think my supply will go down with her not nursing through the night? She empties the left side completely once she wakes up and I'm pretty much emptying the right side so all the milk is being used but I'm not sure how that will affect my milk if there's no stimulation during the night. Anybody else go through this and pump early?

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

April 27th, 2012, 11:14 AM
miamor
i remember asking a similar question! but then the 4 month month sleep regression hit and never left after a month of sleeping 5-6 hour stretches. hopefully it's different for you! in that month, i would just pump once before he woke up to nurse again. not sure if you mean she's sleeping like 6 hours or 10 hours?
April 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
your supply will adjust to her feeding and sleeping schedules, if you keep pumping, you will still be making that much milk at night, it is up to you.

April 27th, 2012, 06:43 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS starting sleeping through the night right around then and I always pumped after he ate in the morning. It never seemed to hurt my supply.

In fact he stopped sttn around four months, unfortunately that seems normal, and I'm pumping and feeling less full now than I was then.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
April 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I always freak out if she doesn't wake up at least twice at night to eat. She will be 20 weeks I think tomorrow. I don't want my supply to drop over night. I notice and wake up if she hasn't yet woken me up to nurse yet... does that make sense? I just do. Like I feel something is wrong and wake up, then I go pump. And more than likely right when I'm done pumping she will wake up to eat.

April 28th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee
I always freak out if she doesn't wake up at least twice at night to eat. She will be 20 weeks I think tomorrow. I don't want my supply to drop over night. I notice and wake up if she hasn't yet woken me up to nurse yet... does that make sense? I just do. Like I feel something is wrong and wake up, then I go pump. And more than likely right when I'm done pumping she will wake up to eat.
Yes. It worries me all through night when she doesn't wake up. But I check her and go back to sleep.

I've basically been sleep deprived since I was 6 months pg. had bad sciatic nerve pain and still have bad back issues that keep me from sleeping soundly. I'm taking extra fenugreek and mm tea now in hopes to boost just in case.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search