Teething And Nursing Advice

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2012, 05:27 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So in the last week or so Rory's teething has gotten out of control. She is so fussy and its starting to make nursing a pain! At least I think it's from teething...

She's started just nursing for a few minutes at a time then fussing and refusing...then five minutes later wanting to nurse again...and repeat! It's really wearing on me. Though thank goodness she still nurses pretty well at night when she's too sleepy to care, but wakes up more often.

She also, in the last few days, hates nursing on one side.

So does this sound like its from the teething? Any advice, or tips? Especially on getting her to keep nursing on BOTH sides.

June 20th, 2012, 04:27 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
could be teething, or an ear infection. any other symptoms or signs?

June 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Veteran
This sounds exactly like what my LO is doing lately. Especially not wanting to nurse on one side. My guess is that he's teething too. He gets really cranky when it's time to nurse during the day but does fine at night.
June 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicholas went through this stage.. I dont remember there being anything wrong but after a while he grew out of it

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 21st, 2012, 02:58 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also thought ear infection with the one side thing but no other signs. She seems to have stopped, but we will.see...she's still ridiculously.fussy about nursing and has started waking up.every 2 hours again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search