WHO growth chart?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone know where I can fine one online? I couldn't find one, but I'm on my phone which makes it a little difficult.

Had baby girls four month checkup today, with a new doctor because we moved, and she dropped in every single percentile pretty drastically. Didn't even realize until later that the doctor didn't ask if she was breastfed or formula fed until after all that. So I'm thinking she wasn't using the right chart, cause Rory has been slowly going up.

Mini-rant:
She also told me I would HAVE to start giving her baby cereal with iron in it at 6 months. And the packet they gave me said night time crying should be reassured, but baby should remain in the crib! I can only imagine the look of horror I would have gotten if they had found out we bed share.

June 29th, 2012, 10:13 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The percentile things dont really work with breastfed babies from what I understand..or they are different from formula fed. Something like that.

Just do what your instinct tells you and to heck with everyone else.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 30th, 2012, 04:06 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
oh my goodness!!!! Our doctor is so the opposite. She is against CIO, breastfed her DD for 4+ years, etc. Yes there is a breastfed baby chart. On the standard WHO chart, DD was always no on the chart, but on the breastfed chart, she was about 5%. http://kellymom.com/health/growth/growthcharts/

June 30th, 2012, 07:26 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288
The percentile things dont really work with breastfed babies from what I understand..or they are different from formula fed. Something like that.

Just do what your instinct tells you and to heck with everyone else.
There are different charts for breastfed or formula fed, and boy or girl. But yes, my girl is growing and happy so I'm not worried about it! Just wanna know what her actual percentiles are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78
oh my goodness!!!! Our doctor is so the opposite. She is against CIO, breastfed her DD for 4+ years, etc. Yes there is a breastfed baby chart. On the standard WHO chart, DD was always no on the chart, but on the breastfed chart, she was about 5%. http://kellymom.com/health/growth/growthcharts/
I'm jealous of your doctor haha. My last ped wasn't exactly 'for' co sleeping and whatnot, but at least made sure I knew how to do it safely!
And yeah, she's low on the chart as it is so I don't want the doc to try and lecture me if she continues to be low because she is using the wrong chart.
Thanks!

June 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand. My normal pedi never tells me percentiles so I dont have a good grasp on it. The pedi we saw today told me but I had no clue lol and I think it was a ff chart

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

July 1st, 2012, 04:02 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
my dr showed me DD's growth curve and it totally mimicked the standard growth curve, it was just below it (ie, not on the chart) but it was in the correct pattern, so she was not concerned. I think now, at 3yo, DD has pretty much caught up some and is on the chart, at least for height i know she is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search