Another question! Re: PP fertility LONG

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Sorry ladies, I use and abuse you guys with questions!

And here is another one.

Sooooo...I am totally not loving the PPAF/fertility thing this time around. I sorta assumed (first mistake) that because my AF came back at 4 months with Liam, and was totally regular and normal right away...that the same would happen this time around. Well, I was delightfully surprised that it did not come back at 4,5, or 6 months. And here I am at 10 months.

But I am totally frustrated. For the past month, a solid month...I have had this maddening cramping/massive clotting discharge/brown blood/red blood/cramping cycle going on. When I had the red blood, I considered it CD1 and figured my body was still jut trying to regulate. But it was light and left as quickly as it came. So I thought in a couple weeks I might ovulate. WRONG! Instead I have more cramping and very little discharge at all. But no more red blood.

But the clincher is my mood. I feel like I am about to start my period every two seconds with how irritable and frustrated I am. It's awful. I feel like I have been like this all month and even for a little while before the whole business started. So it's going on two months of chronic PMS.

Sooo...any experiences like this? Any insight as to what might come next? I am not in a huge hurry to get my period for any particular reason other than to make this craziness go away. I just thought because it took so little for my period to come back with Liam that it would be similar this time around. Kieran eats three meals a day (regular food), nurses twice in the daytime and probably 3-4 times at night. The daytime nursings are "good" ones (aka: ten minutes and would estimate he gets at least 10 oz). The night ones are more grazing, but I just can't make myself cut them out. Any suggestions to move this along? Or should I kill myself now? Lol (I am kidding!)

I know I won't be regular, probably. But does it at least sound like I *might* get my period soon? Or has someone had this happen and gone on to not have it for months?
July 25th, 2012, 11:16 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I have not had that happen, but i did not get a period until DD weaned at 34 months (i weaned her) and it has been regular since. Weird. I hope you get some answers and some relief soon!

July 25th, 2012, 06:13 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The bleeding is a sign that your ovarian hormones are fluctuating again. That means things should start to even out soon. As you've already seen, every return of fertility is different - so you might not go right back to being regular like you did last time. But either AF or ovulation should occur soon. Spotting can accompany rising estrogen (when your body is attempting ovulation) or it can happen when estrogen comes crashing down after an attempt at ovulation that failed. So you might be having all of that for both reasons; your body trying and failing to ovulate. Your body is trying really hard to do something, so hang in there!
ashj_1218 likes this.
July 26th, 2012, 08:43 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Thank you so much for your answers. I actually was rather unaware of the estrogen-spotting link and I think that it has really helped me understand what might be happening. I do think my body is *trying* and failing to ovulate. I'll hang in here. But again, thank you so much for that information. It makes it less difficult when I know that my body is just trying and not quite there yet. I'll keep waiting!
July 26th, 2012, 09:21 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's frustrating, but a very normal part of the transition from BFing infertility to fertility. Somehow you just lucked out with a really easy go of it last time, what you're experiencing now is much more typical! LOL
ashj_1218 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search