So nervous....longest I've ever gone

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my dd is 16 months old. She has never taken a bottle/paci...etc and I have never offerred. Obviousely she is on lots of table food at this age and takes water in a cup. I have never pumped. I kind of did things the ol' fashion way and just did "baby and breast" as per recommendation of my helpful, lol hippie, mom! Although it is demanding and for about 8 months I pretty much never left her, I HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!! She still nurses frequently...about 4 times during the day and on and off at night. (we co-sleep) If we are busy during the day she can be distracted and will even fall asleep on my husband when he pats her or in the car.

So, Sept.15th I have to photograph a wedding. It's going to be an all day thing, starting at like 1PM and finishing at like 9-10PM. The girl whose wedding I'm shooting is a friend and doesn't mind if my dd has to stop in to touch base with my and dh is willing to do so if needed as well. I'm still so nervous because the longest I've ever left her was 3 hours. She goes more than 3 hours without nursing. This may sound silly but I value our nursing relationship SO much that I'm afraid this one day will cause her to wean.....=( any thoughts?

PS: I'm excited because it is my first paying gig but I'm having a hard time being truly excited when I worry about her.....

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
August 11th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think that you need to worry. You have a good plan set up so that you can see her as needed. Many woman have to leave for longer periods on a regular basis and still have a great BFing relationship. All of the work that you've put in so far, and of course your loving way, will insure that it
continues as such. One day will not cause her to want to wean.

If you enjoy yourself, the independent time, some money ( and are still able to see her for mini sessions during the wedding)-I'd go for it. Sounds like a win-win situation! Good luck!

August 11th, 2012, 05:47 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
she is not going to wean, do not worry and she will be fine.

I ran a difficult endurance race for 48 hours when DD was 2 yo and i was afraid my milk would dry up and she would wean. Well, that did NOT happen at all. LOL. And i was really really dehydrated during the race. You will be fine

August 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a similar situation - although my DS is only 11 months, I go back to work in a month and won't be able to nurse during the day. I'm trying to cut back his daytime nursing sessions, and really he does fine if I'm not there. If I AM there, he wants to nurse, of course. We're going to do a couple of half-days before I go back, and a trial full-day. It's hard! When I went back at a year after my DD was born, I nursed her first thing in the morning, as soon as I got home from work, before bed, and overnight, and she was fine with it!!

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search