Refusing to Let Down

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last month my left side suddenly refused to let down. It was awful. Two hours into work I as engorged and in pain but even manual expression didn't do much.

Of course my son nursing got it all out but from time to time it still refuses to let down, even though I make sure to let my son nurse that side at least once a day.

It's really irritating. I don't see why my breast would suddenly not like the pump, but I think today it's also not wanted to let down for my son. It's getting engorged and won't let down.

I'm going to try some things I've read about, but has anyone else had this problem? If so, what worked for you to fix it if you managed to get it fixed?

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

August 16th, 2012, 04:47 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
how is your pump? replaced membranes lately?

August 17th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Forgot to update last night: Tried the warm cloth over my nipple and it took three different few minute times to get the clog to go away but when it did I got out 4oz in less than 20 minutes.

As for my pump, it's working properly and all the pieces are good.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

August 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
I had this problem yesterday, and had to resort to the warm cloth before nursing. Maybe your left hyper-produces and gets too engorged, too fast? For me it was stress but it doesn't sound like the case for you.

I also hand-expressed a bit before nursing and that allowed the letdown to happen.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search