help. Nipple issue.

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 07:36 AM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
My 9 month daughter is cutting her first tooth and she sliced the side of my nipple. I have a angry welt and it feels like first week nursing when she latchs. OUCH!! I have heard coconut oil?

Suggestions?
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
October 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingGlassAlice View Post
My 9 month daughter is cutting her first tooth and she sliced the side of my nipple. I have a angry welt and it feels like first week nursing when she latchs. OUCH!! I have heard coconut oil?

Suggestions?
I would put neosporin on it and wipe it off when you nurse her. OUCH. Also, try to adjust her position to see if changing that can take some pressure off the affected area. HUGS!

October 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Express some milk and rub it on there. It really does heal almost everything. I agree you should try different positions to try and get some relief.
October 4th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When DD did this to me, I changed nursing positions each feeding on that side. It healed up quickly,maybe 2 weeks. I also let it air dry each time. Hope it's better soon.

October 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
thanks girls. I adjusted her postion..it helped abit. we are gunning for at least the one year mark.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
October 4th, 2012, 04:55 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
When DD was close to 2 i think, she bit me and it hurt for a very long time, La Leche recommended triple nipple ointment 100000x's a day and it really cleared up fast, it has neosporin in it.

October 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^^ditto the nipple ointment. I've had the same thing happen and I have to reapply when it seems to reappear. I swear by the ointment. It's saved my BFing in two babies.

October 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OUCH. Girl I feel your pain I had lots of cuts this go around with thrush and my biter baby. I had to be glued 3 times I hope you heal quickly.

October 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
When I had wounds on my nipples I put breastmilk and let it dry. I put it on several times, letting it dry in between, once or twice a day. It improved a lot in a week and was gone in two weeks if I remember correctly.

Second the changing the nursing position suggestion. My nurseling was bit baffled and tried to adjust to her normal positions.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search