Please Help..I am so frustrated I could cry :(

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
april78's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello everyone, I am Exclusively Breastfeeding my daughter who will be 4 months on the 11th of this month. I have had issues with her pulling off the breast off and on for the past 2 months or so but they have gotten progressively worse. She feeds perfectly during her early morning feed and early afternoon feeding. It gets worse from then on and it is the worst at night. I thought it might be a supply issue so I have been taking fenugreek, pumping as much as possible after feeds and in between feeds and I have even tried eating oatmeal. I don't think its a supply issue because when she pulls off, and I pump, I do have milk. It is at the point where I have used all of my stash milk at night just to get her to eat something. She will start off fine but then gets noticeably irritated and pulls off..I put her back on she stays on a minute or so and pulls off..I am so frustrated I don't want to give her formula but I am scared it is going to get to that point..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]Make a pregnancy ticker
October 8th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is she not really hungry? Mine gets upset if she wants to comfort suck and milk is present. Maybe offer her a paci when she keeps pulling off and see if that helps? I wouldn't give formula, since it sounds like more of just some other need. Maybe she's getting some teeth (or starting to bug her)? Maybe they hurt more at night and in the evening? I remember dd1 pulling off a lot when. Her teeth were bothering her. Also if she was sick.

October 8th, 2012, 04:25 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
She is 4 months old, is she starting to get distracted? what about trying to nurse her in a very dark room laying down?

October 12th, 2012, 07:55 AM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
This sounds SOO much like my little guy. He did this for a few weeks and the stopped. I honestly still don't know what it was. Apparently some sort of phase because he doesn't do it anymore. According to kellymom, babies can become fussy at the breast for a million reasons, not just because your supply is low. I would be hesitant to supplement with BM, or take fenugreek. I would just ride it out and keep offering the breast. It will eventually pass. I know its hard!! I've been there and made posts like this on different message boards.

Its funny because there were weeks where he would nurse maybe 5 minutes total and then get fussy. I would sit him up and he would be fine. I would think "THere is NO way you are full!" I would try again and he would cry, scream, etc. But I just continued like normal, nursing every 3 hours. He would barely do 5 minutes total. After a week of this, I weighed him on our baby scale. He had gained 10 oz that week so CLEARLY he was geting full. If I had tried to supplement because I thought he wasn't feeding long enough I would have overfed him.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
October 21st, 2012, 09:01 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try nursing her with just her diaper on, like someone else said in a dark quiet room .See if it helps.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search