Pregnant & Breastfeeding

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 06:51 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Hi ladies! I posted similar in my DDC, but thought I'd get more response here! I'm still nursing my toddler, usually 2-3 times a day on average, mostly morning and evening. We found out last week that I'm FINALLY pregnant with #2 and due in June! I won't lie, I'm secretly hoping that my milk will dry up and Connor will decide to wean! However, I don't have high hopes lol, I've always been an over-producer of milk.

I'm mostly worried about him still wanting to nurse when I have super sore boobs! That was one of my biggest symptoms when I was pregnant with Connor, they hurt so bad I had to wear a sports bra to sleep! It was horrible! I'm afraid that they will hurt just as much this time around, and how the heck will I nurse through that!?

Any advice, suggestions, stories to share? If you're milk did dry up, how far along were you when it happened? Thanks ladies!!

October 18th, 2012, 04:17 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I have two friends who recently nursed toddlers during pregnancy and their milk dried up around mid pregnancy or third trimester. Another friend, once she was pregnant her milk must have changed taste and her kids weaned. I think it is a YMMV deal, unfortunately.

October 18th, 2012, 06:31 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any advice but wanted to say congratulations. We're wondering this too if we get pregnant again since my lo isn't anywhere done with nursing yet.

October 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM
My older one was around the same age when I got pregnant. I dont remember when my milk dried up but probably somewhere around the mid mark. According to my daughter it wasnt completely dried up (I asked her to describe the taste, apparently like cheese) and she still liked to get those few drops of salty milk. I wasnt hoping to wean and if anything I hoped she'd still nurse as i had hoped to nurse to 3/let her self wean.

There was a point in the pregnancy where she wasnt all that interested in nursing and I think that if i had been meaning to wean her that I could have pushed weaning on her then without too much of a trouble.

I had nipple pain during most of the pregnancy but it was just pain for the first 5-10 secs. Nursing wasnt comfortable but it was OK. Some women dont have any pain while others have it. I think my breasts in general were definatly not as sensetive as with my first pregnancy. I remember at least that it would bug me to have stuff in my breast pocket of my work clothes during the first pregnancy but with the second I didnt care one way or the other.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
October 28th, 2012, 06:11 AM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pregnant, and still nursing (though i need to stop). At times it hurts, but its usually only the first 10 secs or so. My breasts were very sensitive when i was pregnant with Sam, but not so much this time.

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search