Help...dairy?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Regular
For those who are breastfeeding and are cutting out dairy from your diet....
What exactly are you cutting out? Are you just cutting out the main dairy forms, milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. Or are you reading labels and not eating anything that contains dairy in it too?

I didn't realize how much dairy was in different foods. Just wondering if I have to completely cut it out or if I can just stop the milk, cheese, yogurt, etc (the obvious dairy forms)
??????
October 22nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I really did not eat any dairy to begin with, so it was not a big issue. we do not eat processed/packaged foods so it was much easier. What do you need help with? You can also come to the vegetarian mommies forum (which i also host) and get some non-dairy ideas.

Some babies are just sensitive to cheese, while some are sensitive to all dairy big or small, then there is the whole range inbetween And DD grew out of it by 9 months.

October 22nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't eat much dairy to start with, but I did cut it out. But I did the obvious stuff. Cheese, milk,chocolate ect. I did it because dd was spitting up a lot. I found it made little to no difference.

How come you are cutting it out?

October 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's my experience:

My son was diagnosed with a milk protein allergy at 10 days old. He had bloody stools. I cut out all dairy (even hidden dairy) immediately. Kelly mom has a good cheat sheet on their website. At 5 months I had a little bit of soymilk in my coffee and ate some bread that had milk ingredients. My son broke out in hives and again has blood in his stool....from that small of an amount! My son is now 10 months old and I am now eating the -not-so-obvious milk ingredients but have yet to try milk, ice cream etc. I am waiting until he turns a year per the pediatrician. It does seem like he is much less sensitive as he's getting older.

Depending on your child's symptoms, I would change my diet accordingly. If it is a milk protein allergy though, you may have to eliminate all forms of milk. It is really hard in the beginning but it gets easier as you find other substitutes. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search