working and pumping, but he caught up!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I feed my almost 6 month old straight from the tap and pump while I'm at work. I was pumping a lot when he was brand new and had quite a stash but he eats more when I'm away than I pump. I've been trying to pump every chance I get but I'm certain I'll run out before the weeks over.
Any surefire tips for producing more? I'm been trying to eat those nature valley oats and honey bars (not even sure its the right kind of helpful oatmeal) and I've been trying to get lots and lots of water. He's never had anything by breastmilk and I don't want to use formula. Dr said at 4 month appointment to wait on solids until at least 6 months when we go back.
October 23rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Your milk supply evens out so that will reduce your pumping output. Are you drinking enough water? that helps a ton. Old fashioned or steel cut oats. Dark beer. I found I yielded the most milk first thing in the morning, pumping one side while DD nursed on the other. You will not run out of milk. Also, have you changed the membranes in your pump? Are you double pumping? I found if i drank 4-5 cups of mother's milk tea a day my output increased about 2-4 oz/day. I never pumped very much and always pumped on my days off.

October 23rd, 2012, 05:36 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
It may be that you just can't PUMP the same amount baby eats. Your breasts don't respond to a pump the way they respond to baby nursing. =\
Mothers milk tea helped me.

Here's an idea if you don't like hot tea.

Boil 3 mothers milk tea bag in a pan and then drain that water in a pitcher and fill the pitcher the rest of the way up. Add a packet of that sugar free instant lemonade or something like the crystal light stuff. => I drink a few glasses and the next mourning im engorged with plenty to pump.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

October 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Water and old fashion oats help me.

Aside from that just make sure daycare isn't over feeding him. Can you weigh him before and after a feeding to get an idea? He may be drinking more for comfort sucking, kwim?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search