How do you stop?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2012, 06:41 AM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband was supportive of me nursing until our son turned two. But then his support grew less and less. In the last week i had stopped nursing at night, and when dh was around. Well i nursed in front of him last night and he got very upset. Then he caught me nursing this morning, and again, is angry. Said some things including that he was embarrassed and i should be too.

Most of me is ready to stop, i would like some non nursing time before the baby is here. And i have no intent on tandem nursing, so really it is time. But it's just so hard when he cries and begs me to let him nurse.

So, onto my question, those tho nursed a toddler, how did you stop? What did you do to stop?

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

October 28th, 2012, 09:14 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I am so sorry your husband is not supportive and i doubt any research on why it is beneficial would help.

I basically went away for a long weekend and came back with bandaids on my nipples and told her they were broken and there was no more milk. It was very hard for the first couple weeks, then it slowly got easier. My DD was almost 3 though, so you may have an easier time younger. And now, 7 months later, she still asks to nurse

October 30th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the response! It has been 48 hours or so since he nursed. Yesterday was pretty rough, but so far last night and today wasn't that bad. Course it's still early.

October 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I stopped nursing when I was pregnant and my supply had dived so it wasn't hard to distract her. I just kept offering her milk in a cup when she wanted to nurse, but I would nurse her if she was upset. She just stopped asking. It's not always that easy!

I'm really sorry your husband is not being understanding.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
October 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
It makes me sad to read that you are having a hard time. I have no advice but wanted to wish you luck.

Pinterest
Flickr
October 30th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Aww. I wish he was a bit more understanding. Although I think my dh may be that way too. Our daughter is a nursing addict and it's getting worse as she gets older.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

November 1st, 2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks so much for the support ladies.
It's so very hard when Sam cries, and begs, and says Pleeease mama, pleeease. Night time seems to be the easiest, he hardly asks for it. But when he wakes in the morning he wants it very bad. He want's it around his nap time also. He won't nap without it...so if he naps these days it's late, and just due to exhaustion.

November 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
it will get easier! did you try the bandaids?

November 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
I didn't try the bandaids, but i thought about it. I just wear regular t-shirts, and other shirts that make his access limited. He still sticks his hands in my shirt, but now as easily. I told him the milk is all gone now cause he is a big boy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search