Is this a feeding issue?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DD2 is 3 months old today. She's a very happy, easy going baby. BUT, her sleep is progressively getting worse. I'm a working mom and I need to sleep.

She eats during the day at: 6am, 8:30am (roughly), 11:30am, 2-2:30pm, 4-4:30pm, 6-6:30pm, 8pm..

8pm is bed time. During the night she wakes up at 12:30, 3:30, and sometimes once more.

IDK what to do! She takes a bottle for the 8:30 & 11:30am feedings as I'm at work. I pump after her 6am feed and before her 2-ishpm feed (doing it that way helps balance foremilk/hindmilk issues).

She was sleeping 8pm to 2-3am. It was wonderful. I can't go to sleep before 10pm. So I am not sleeping longer then 3 hours at a time. I was having success with waking her up to eat right before my bed time, but she wont nurse then anymore so I figured I'd just stop pressing it.

Nursing in the afternoon she half heartedly nurses. I'm very, very tempted to just switch her to bottles during the day and only nurse during the night. Which would make me pumping more then nursing, but that's ok. I think that we are on the go so much in the afternoons and evenings its hard to nurse her. I have a bad letdown in public combined with poor positions in the car or whatever.

I'm functioning on a total of 6 hours of broken sleep and I'm not a happy person to be around.

October 28th, 2012, 08:12 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
well, that is much more sleep than i got! you will get used to it Most babies have a sleep regression around 4 months. When they start rolling and sitting up (and other big milestones like crawling, standing, walking) their sleep usually gets a little disturbed. My DD woke up 6-10 times a night (basically at the end of every sleep cycle of 45 minutes) for a long time. That is extreme, but cosleeping helped reduced the impact on me. We had her in a snugglenest from 0-4 months, then a cosleeper from 4-7 months then a side car crib after that. Hang in there! Go to bed earlier too.

October 28th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am trying to go to bed earlier. The older one is the issue with going to bed earlier. We put both kids down at 8pm (DH reads to DD1, while I nurse DD2 and rock her). DD1 comes back out several times until about 9:30 or so "I can't sleep..." or "I want cuddles...", etc.

I didn't even think about milestones. Girlie is rolling to her belly like a pro now and working on rolling back onto her back. She started grasping objects this week. She also found her feet. Lots of new discoveries in general. On top of the normal 12 wk-3 month growth spurt.

So how long does it take for sleep to go back to normal after they accomplish these milestones? Cosleeping hasn't helped me any yet If anything it gives my chiropractor more money due to poor sleep positions.

I just don't know how to have DH help me. He wants to, but at the same time it kind of defeats the purpose if we both have to wake up. I don't want to do CIO, but when I hear her she is still mostly asleep (eyes still closed). so maybe its a sleep cycle issue we need to work through also.

October 28th, 2012, 09:41 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Have him (DH) take older child duty so you can get to bed earlier. We did a side car crib so DD had her own space outside of our bed, but still right there with us/next to me.

October 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Veteran
That's so much more sleep than I am getting. I think it's great that she's only waking up 2-3 times. My DS is up every hour most nights! Your body will somehow adjust. Mine did but I don't know how and my DS is 8 months! Hope things get better for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search