Advice needed.

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2012, 05:59 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
My son is 7 months old, and for the last month or so he's been causing me some pain while nursing. On my left side only, he latches and then uses his hand to push on the breast while he pulls with his mouth. I have some pretty nasty bruising at the moment. It doesn't seem to matter if the flow is slow or fast at the time. I can use my hand to block his hand, and that helps, but he is still pulling with his mouth.

Any ideas? It doesn't happen on the right side (instead, he uses his face to press into the breast but doesn't pull at the nipple).

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
November 2nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
A photo might help. My dd does some strange stuff that hurts. I've swatted her hands a few times. =\ sometimes that's all that works. She actually digs into my areola at times with her fingers and has really hurt me.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

November 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
I'm not super comfortable posting a picture of that on the internet, especially since it has to be hosted first. I can't figure out if it's just an annoying thing or if it means something.

~*Kimi*~

November 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DD does this to me and I learned to just tell her it hurts and just push her little neck and face closer to my breast. I wish I would have started doing this earlier because now, honestly, my nipples are saggier. Another thing that has helped because she was also kind of biting down was to relatch her. The pain has gotten muuuch better. I never got bruising but my nipples were irritated. I don't know if the problem you're having is quite the same though. I hope you feel better soon, especially if you EBF.
November 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
yes! Avery is kind of biting down too. I don't know if it's teething maybe? Last time this happened I had to relatch a few times per feeding until he stopped, but he's back at it. Our local breastfeeding hotline suggested giving him something to do with the hand that usually pushes, and that's helped too.

~*Kimi*~

November 2nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
maybe try a football hold or sidelying?

November 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DD does this and I get teeth in there when she is pushing off. She does it because of teething. Good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search