Bread Feeding and Men

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Doodlebug06
  • 1 Post By LessthanThree

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
Hubby and me are TTC and i want to breastfeed for the first year. I breastfed my first child for the first four months. My new hubby is I shall say a breast man. He is good with me breastfeeding but says,"I won't be able to play with them once you start that". I tell him he can but he does not believe me. Truthfully I really do not know. Does anybody have any advice about this?
November 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Personally I don't enjoy any breast stimulation while bf'ing. My husband doesn't even view my breasts as "breasts" now. He just sees them as food for the baby. We do other things that don't involve the girls. Lol. If you feel comfortable with him stimulating them though, it's up to you! Mine would start leaking tho. And Jade plays with the one she's not eating off of so that it will let down easier once she makes it to that side.
birdblue likes this.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

November 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There is a good chance that you would start leaking during sex (especially if he used oral stimulation on them) but honestly, he probably leaks during sex too. So just tell him to suck it up. Well, not literally suck it up...you know what I mean

My husband doesn't mind the leaking (since it's very little) and it has never been an issue with us.
KASHWORTH likes this.

November 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While i am nursing i don't allow my dh to touch them in a sexual way. It just feels uncomfortable to me.

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

November 4th, 2012, 05:02 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
My DH liked how big my boobs were! LOL

November 4th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdblue
While i am nursing i don't allow my dh to touch them in a sexual way. It just feels uncomfortable to me.
This^^^ it just feels awkward. Lol. But awkward to dh also. Like he's doing something he shouldn't.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

November 4th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Yea I understand all of your alls comments. Lol he is soooo disappointed.
November 4th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Super Mommy
My man was pretty into it, lol even the novelty of the fact that if you squeeze them well... milk flies out lol. It didnt really bother me though each person if different though
November 4th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelz88
My man was pretty into it, lol even the novelty of the fact that if you squeeze them well... milk flies out lol. It didnt really bother me though each person if different though
Occasionally I squirt dh from across the room. Like if it's dark and were watching a movie. I'll squirt him and it takes a few times for him to realize its me. It's quite comical though. Lol

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

November 4th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug06 View Post
Occasionally I squirt dh from across the room. Like if it's dark and were watching a movie. I'll squirt him and it takes a few times for him to realize its me. It's quite comical though. Lol
Lol I soooooo have to remember this...
November 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay all of this makes me think I need to loosen up a bit. My DH would happily play with them but I won't even take my bra off. I'm embarrassed and a bit grossed out by nursing boobs during sex, even though I have no problem with DH seeing all the other realities of being a nursing woman (breast pads, leaks, nipple ointment, pumping, etc.). But to me, they are for my son only right now.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
November 5th, 2012, 04:57 PM
My Dh is such a boob man... He is fine with me breast feeding but I swear he would practically pout when ever we would talk about it. Poor guy. I have told him that I have no problem with him touching them but he does not believe me.

Here are a few articles I have read about it all:

Breastfeeding and Sex

Breastfeeding Man: Jeff Says Drinking Wife Michelle's Milk Helped His Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms

Breastfeeding and sex ? All about breast milk leaking during sex, low libido etc
November 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiB View Post
Okay all of this makes me think I need to loosen up a bit. My DH would happily play with them but I won't even take my bra off. I'm embarrassed and a bit grossed out by nursing boobs during sex, even though I have no problem with DH seeing all the other realities of being a nursing woman (breast pads, leaks, nipple ointment, pumping, etc.). But to me, they are for my son only right now.
This is how I feel.

March 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
To each their own but there is NOTHING wrong with them being the object of sexual attention for your husband and a source of nourishment for the baby at the same time. Ok not at the EXACT same time, but you kwim. From a practical perspective my nipples can get quite sore from nursing so nipple play will probably be a no no. But I don't have any hangups about viewing them as sexual. IMO such an attitude wouldn't make for a healthy sex life in the long run. I don't want my husband to JUST see me as a mother kwim so I wouldn't totally ban him from that area.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 4th, 2013, 06:50 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to say that I'm somewhere in the middle on this one. In the early stages, I think there was some awkwardness on both sides, and we were probably both too uncomfortable with it at first to even go there. And in the first several weeks, for sure, they were way too painful to even consider any kind of touch other than BF. But, as time went on and it became a more natural thing for all of us, we pretty much went back to our "normal" in that area. After a certain point, they stop being so leaky and full all the time, and the sensitivity went away. And having BF for 29 months, I can't imagine having told DH that they were "off limits" for that entire time. But that's just my thoughts on it.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search