How did I not know this board existed?!?!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mgm78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a pretty active member on the December DDC, had my baby girl Dec 14th and have some questions and need some support. I just happened upon this board, didn't even know it was here!! Hopefully you all don't mind my first post being questions. You would think with the big breastfeeding push, a new mom would have more support! I guess I could call the hospital LC, but that seems like so much work right now. So here I am to bug you lovely ladies!!

First, she (Callie), seems to be "snacking" a lot. I'm not sure if she's using me as a human pacifier (she won't take one) but she seems to be eating. She'll eat for ten minutes, pass out and wake up half hour later hungry. I would think it's cluster feeding or something but at night before bed she'll nurse for 45 minutes and then sleep for 6 hours. If it was a growth spurt wouldn't she do it all night also??

Sometimes though, I know she is using me as a pacifier. That's fine for now, but it worries me for when i go back to work. I work nights as a respiratory therapist so luckily I will only be gone two nights a week, but still, if she won't take a paci or bottle it could make life very difficult for my hubby! Are there any bottles that work well in your expereience for babies that need to go back and forth??

Lastly, pumping. I need to have some pumped for when I go back to work so when would be a good time to do that? I mean, every time I get "full", it's because she needs to eat. I guess I just hate to pump when I don't need to.

TIA! I'll be on here more often now that I know it's here!!

Daffney

December 27th, 2012, 05:14 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
welcome!!!!!!

the snacking or round the clock eating is totally normal and be grateful she sleeps 6 hour stretches. As far as using you as a human pacifier, she should be fine. DD did that with me, but i went back to work at 5 weeks PP part time and she was fine and never took a real pacifier. Think of the first 3-4 months of their life as the 4th trimester

as far as pumping, you can feed on one side in mthe morning and pump on the other after or during the feeding session. You will never be "out" of milk for baby, so don't worry about that and you are usually most full in the morning.
daffneyc likes this.

December 27th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks!

Daffney

December 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
First off congratulations on your new little one!

MY son did the same with the human pacifer but stoped around 2 ish months. Like Meridith said the snacking part is normal. DS has been great now with sitters and he also dosent take a pacifier.

As for pumping, it took me some time to come up with a good routine but once I did I got a good stash going. I nurse him from one side then pump the other. I will also pump at night when he goes to sleep sometimes so i dont get to full. I will also pumo during the day if he takes a long nap. I try not to let them go more them 4 hours except at night and its worked great for me.

Now bottles, I use the tommee tippee ones, there suposed to resemble the breast most. I have been going between breast and bottle with him since he was 1 day old and never had an issue with nipple confusion. There great bottles and I love them!

Good luck with figuring out what works best for you and congrats again on your LO!

December 31st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Just wanted to say welcome and congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search