19 mos nursing & woke up to sore breast and....

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2013, 11:01 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
nipple. I noticed it was hurting when ds was nursing 1st thing this morning so I relatched ds thinking he was not on properly (since he was mostly asleep). Anyhow...that didn't do the trick. I was not sore when I went to bed. Idk if I slept wrong and slept on my stomach at one point?? It isn't a burning pain but more of an aching/very sore pain (somewhat tightening) when he nurses on that side. I don't notice any lumps splotches or anything else of that matter. I don't see any other signs of thrush so idk?? He doesn't seem to show any thrush signs either and has been nursing fine and his usual times. So far I have just kept offering that breast first and have taken Advil. I am not sure if I just have a clogged duct or not from possible sleeping on my tummy or on my breast? Any ideas/suggestions? TIA!!

Also, I *think* I have noticed a dip in my supply over the last few days. It may be all in my head lol but idk. I *know* I have not been drinking enough fluids/water also over the last few days and that is usually when I notice a dip. Oh yea...tmi but I have had itchy breasts over the last several weeks. Mostly on the opposite breast than the one that is sore...think that is it! :/

Last edited by eva_luvs_dave; January 5th, 2013 at 11:33 PM.
January 6th, 2013, 05:32 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
your period coming? pregnant? blocked duct?

January 6th, 2013, 10:24 AM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Hopefully not pg lol but very possible though. Still no pp af. As of yet.....

It is still very sore today but not as bad. Maybe just a clogged duct?
January 6th, 2013, 04:36 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
could be!!!

January 6th, 2013, 05:04 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My breasts always get sore a couple days before my period starts, they kinda feel like the tightening shoots of pain I used to get when I was early PP when my breasts were making more milk. I always have a slight dip in supply during my period as well.

But sounds like pregnancy is a real possibility too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search