Starting to hate this

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am starting to hate breastfeeding. I am sick of the middle of the night wake up, just to be a pacifier, sick of being pinched, sick of her thinking she can spin around in a full 360, sick of being needed 24/7, just sick of it all

January 23rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
((hugs)) The touched out phase is why I weaned my 7 year old at 8 months. It does pass!
January 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry! I can definitely relate. I'm not breastfeeding right now, but did for 29 months, and it definitely takes it's toll. Somewhere around 13-14 months, though, she started cutting back, and we went to only 3 times a day (sometimes more on the weekends) and it became more tolerable.

Do you have plans to wean, or do you plan to keep on going? Either way, 14 months is awesome!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 23rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to let her self wean, bit I don't think I can handle much more.

January 23rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
wow 14 months is amazing!!! I think you have every right to feel the way you do! GL with weaning if that's what you decide or GL with keeping going if that's what you decide!! Maybe like another poster said you could just cut down to only nursing a few times a day. Can you start by refusing her at night and just nursing when she wants during the day?

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 23rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear you on the pinching! I'm done with that too! We also have the nightime comfort nursing too. You may just have to put her down when she's doing those annoying things so she learns that she can't do that if she wants to nurse.

My son is 13 months old. I have stopped pumping while at work and have started not offering/not refusing during the day. I haven't started the not nursing at night but will probably start that soon....once I'm ready to "tough it out"and not give in. My personal goal is to be fully weaned by 18 months. I'd like to get down to just a first thing in the morning/last thing in the evening nurse. But we'll see...I'm taking it slow. If you want to start weaning, I think it's easier to cut out daytime nurses first...they're usually pretty distractible. That's what I did with my daughter and she slowly weaned without it being traumatic for either of us.

Good luck in your decision!
January 24th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarti07 View Post

My son is 13 months old. I have stopped pumping while at work and have started not offering/not refusing during the day. I haven't started the not nursing at night but will probably start that soon....once I'm ready to "tough it out"and not give in. My personal goal is to be fully weaned by 18 months. I'd like to get down to just a first thing in the morning/last thing in the evening nurse. But we'll see...I'm taking it slow. If you want to start weaning, I think it's easier to cut out daytime nurses first...they're usually pretty distractible.
That's pretty much what I did at 13 months...stopped pumping, and started offering it less (but not refusing). She was already night weaned at that point, though. But I do agree that the daytime feedings are easier to skip, because it's easier to distract. Like i said, we worked our way down to three feedings a day, and VERY slowly to twi (morning and night), and then one (bedtime), and did that for a long time before stopping. And agree about laying her down if she pinches...I had to do that for biting a few times, and it was very effective.

January 24th, 2013, 04:39 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
It is VERY common at around 1 year old for them to increase their nursing, DD did, but it just lasted a few weeks. She nursed a lot for a very long time. It is hard to be touched all the time. When I weaned her at almost 3 i said no one is to touch my boobs for five years It can be draining and exhausting. HOWEVER, at 1 year old, DD barely ate any food, so i did continue to nurse her on demand. We had a lot of night wakings, 6-10 a night and then i used the No Cry Sleep Solution around 15 months and it took it down to 2-4, mostly 2 times a night. It was a huge shift. The big change was no longer nursing her to sleep. I would nurse her, stop nursing her, read her one more book, then let her fall asleep WITHOUT nursing. This alone is what i think led to her sleeping much better and not needing me round the clock. You can also delay the nursing, make her wait, but always do nurse her if you say she needs to wait and find other ways to comfort her when she needs comforting.

January 24th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going to try increasing food intake during the day. With the fear of if she doesn't get enough she will need it at night. She is cutting a 4th molar and has had a cold, so she hasn't felt well.

I woke up the other morning so mad, that I felt bad the rest of the day. I know she isn't ready to give it up and it would be traumatic and I don't want that. I just kept telling myself yesterday, this too shall pass. Just tough in the moment.

Thank you all for your kind words.

January 24th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Good luck!

January 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I totally can relate with you, my DS is 13 months and i feel like he wants to be on the boob all day sometimes with his 2 new teeth coming in. It gets to a point where it's like "enough already" cuz he's just messing around and not actually eating. It's becoming a problem at times though when we're out because he'll try to lift up my shirt or put his hand down my shirt and has a mini-fit when i don't allow him! I still plan to go a bit longer, and i did really want him to self-wean but with no sign of that in the near future i'm definitely going to start cutting down a bit.

Good luck to you and we're here for ya when you need some support in whatever you decide to do!

January 25th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Breastfeeding is not an all or nothing thing. Both of my girls have wanted me to be an all night refreshment bar/pacifier and that just didnt work for me. I didnt want to wean, not even night wean so I just limited them. After they woke up I'd let them nurse (with first I timed 10 mins, second until I notice her sucking changing to comfort nursing) and then boobies go to sleep. They dont agree with this at first but sorry, boobies need their sleep. Eventually they get the message and nights get easier.

This was trickier with my second. Sometimes when she had cried for over an hour boobies would feel sorry and she got to nurse a bit and then they went back to sleep. This either pissed her off again or in some cases she would fall asleep shortly thereafter.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search