Could you ladies answer something for me.

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I am Brittainy and I am TTC #2 but I have my heart set on breastfeeding but I will probably return to work after baby. What do you think of a used breast pump (with new attachments...) I only ask because I saw this:

Modela breast pump, can be plugged into the wall or in the car. You can buy new attachments. It all fits back in it and closes up with a shoulder strap $15

There is a really blurry cell phone pic. I seem to remember that medela was a good name. My hubby and I won't qualify for any sort of help with this baby and will probably be buying everything.... What do you think? What do I need to ask about this pump before I buy it (If I buy it) What should I be looking for?? Would this be a good deal? How much to attachments run?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMJR...9080736167858/

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

February 18th, 2013, 04:04 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
looks fine to me. i bought a used medela pump and bought all new parts. you are just buying the motor. Looks like an older model. I would ask how much use it got, though my friend bought that one you are looking at used and used it for THREE boys and it worked fine.

February 18th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Thanks! Which exact model is that? Or do all the parts work on each model?

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

February 19th, 2013, 03:58 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
i think for most medela electric pumps it is the same parts you can order right thru their site. tubes, membranes, horns.

February 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know much about pumps or pumping, but I remember hearing something about Medela pumps not being closed systems and warnings against buying a used one. Here's one link I found:
Dispelling Breastfeeding Myths: Why you shouldn't buy, sell, or borrow a second hand Medela Swing pump

Expecting baby #4!

February 19th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post
I don't know much about pumps or pumping, but I remember hearing something about Medela pumps not being closed systems and warnings against buying a used one. Here's one link I found:
Dispelling Breastfeeding Myths: Why you shouldn't buy, sell, or borrow a second hand Medela Swing pump
Yea was going to mention that. As for medela in general, from what I read even though you buy it new if milk gets into the motor you can have all manner of ick growing in there.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
February 21st, 2013, 08:40 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a used pump and was very happy with it. The hospital gave me all the new tubing I needed.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search