Do you nurse in public?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SSGMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 04:54 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Do you nurse in public? Only certain places or everywhere (on demand for baby)? Do you use a cover? What was your first time nursing in public like?

February 27th, 2013, 07:39 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes! I do like to be discreet, and I use a blanket most of the time. And (this is just my preference) I like to find an out-of-the-way place to do it.

To be honest, I don't remember what the first experience with it was...

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 27th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When she was a baby, I wouldn't go far and I would nurse her before we left home. My first NIP experience was at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, during the aquatics shows. No one looked twice and I really don't think anyone cared!

Oh and I used a cover!

Last edited by ZoeChloeMommy; February 27th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.
February 28th, 2013, 05:36 AM
I always nursed in public and found the cover was more of an attention grabber and DD would get distracted by the cover

My first time NIP was when DD was just a week or so old and we were food shopping and even though i just nursed her in the car before we got out, she was screaming, so i had to go to the cafe in the market and nurse her.

February 28th, 2013, 08:08 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I nursed all 3 of my boys in public. I usually use a cover or I wore the double shirt, (nursing tank and then the other shirt) so nothing was ever exposed.

February 28th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Regular
Still havent nursed in public yet, but in all fairness my son is only 6 weeks old. The other day while visiting my Aunt, my sister in law stopped me from leaving the room to nurse and sat me on a couch and said to "get over it" LOL. So I nursed him (under my cover) with my uncle, brother, and cousin in the room with me. Awkward! LOL, but I guess if I cant nurse in front of them I will never make it to NIP status LOL
manda622 likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM
LOL!

I did the double shirt thing too. Try nursing in front of a mirror and you will see that really nothing is showing and most of the time it just looks like you are holding your baby.

February 28th, 2013, 11:33 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup! I'll nurse her anywhere! I don't remember my first time NIP. It was quite a few weeks after DD1 was born. But I remember how much easier my life was after I was comfortable doing that! I always use a cover.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I dont remember my first NIP but yea I do that. I dont use a cover, almost no one uses them in here. I only started wearing breastfeeding tops when I started to breastfeed while babywearing. I dont know if much skin shows as I use the baby to cover up.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
March 23rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Rylie is 5 days old and I've already nursed her in public. LOL. We had an extremely long wait at the DEERS office to get her all signed up and she started fussing and wanted to feed and my boobs were leaking like crazy so I grabbed my udder cover and started nursing her. No one even noticed, except the woman who was sitting next to me who just looked over, smiled, and went back to reading her magazine.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
March 23rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you! And congrats on your little one!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 27th, 2013, 12:30 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't NIP often because my son is usually too distracted while we're out to want to eat! And we don't go out for long periods of time anyway. But when we have i just pull up my tshirt and the baby covers my belly, hehe. No blanket because he always pulls it off anyway! He's 9 months old now and likes to do the latch off and look around move -.- thats what I'm most afraid of him doing when I nurse around others lol!
March 28th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I nurse when ever he wants to. I have no problem with showing skin. I prefer to have a low cut shirt over lifting my shirt up.

I never have used a cover. I actually WANT someone to say something, just so I can tell em where to go, and make a big deal out of it LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search