Anyone NOT co-sleep?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By hope71012
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By Lorena26
  • 1 Post By OnesOnTheWay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 03:18 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
It seems like breastfeeding and co-sleeping are common but I am wondering if anyone chooses not to co-sleep?
March 4th, 2013, 03:55 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did not bed-share (or at least, very rarely). My little girl slept in our room in a pack n play for the first 3 months or so, and then was in her crib in her own room after that. It worked well for us.
OnesOnTheWay and yvee80 like this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 4th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
We did not bed-share (or at least, very rarely). My little girl slept in our room in a pack n play for the first 3 months or so, and then was in her crib in her own room after that. It worked well for us.
Great to hear! After the 3 month mark, how often did you have to go into her room to BF at night? Did you BF her in a chair in her room or take her someplace else?
March 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used the rocking chair in her room, and nursed her in there. I think between 3 months and 6 months it was probably 3 times per night, give or take (I think...it's hard to remember). Around 6 months, though, she started STTN pretty well. After that, it was pretty infrequent for her to get up during the night. She'd BF at bedtime (around 7 pm), I'd pump before I went to bed, and then she'd BF again in the early morning (4 or 5 am).
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 4th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I Coslept with my first. Not the baby. We did a dream fed at 10, then fed on demand after. Usually woke once after that, then slept until her morning wake time. She dropped the dream fed around 3 months I think and wakes once anywhere between midnight and 4am. I nurse her in the rocking chair (in her room). If she's sick, teething, or something I'll nurse her in bed and have dh bring her to me/bring her back or just let her Cosleep. Sometimes I will Cosleep for naps, like on the weekend. It's very rare though.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 07:31 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
We did not co-sleep, no bed sharing and after the second week I moved him out of my bedroom into the nursery because the sounds he made in his sleep were keeping me up all hours of the night!

I know its hard to get up and down for night time feedings, but the hours I sleep are better when he's in his crib.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 5th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
This is basically the same thing for us, we started transitioning our son into his own room around 3 months. He was in our room in the bassinet then the pack-n-play and we started the transition with naps in his crib. He gets up through the night a few times still, i just go in and basically stand with him for a few minutes until he falls back asleep. It's not ideal (he's getting heavy!) and i don't think he's actually eating much it's just for the comfort deal but very soon i will start weaning that night time nursing out.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.juniper View Post
We did not co-sleep, no bed sharing and after the second week I moved him out of my bedroom into the nursery because the sounds he made in his sleep were keeping me up all hours of the night!

I know its hard to get up and down for night time feedings, but the hours I sleep are better when he's in his crib.
This is how it was with my daughter! It was tiresome having to get up.. but overall we both slept better apart! I am a very light sleeper and every little sniffle would have me wide eyed awake!
yvee80 likes this.
March 5th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only co-sleep on occasion...usually if he's sick. I don't sleep as well with him in the bed. We started with a PNP in our room and then transitioned to the crib around 3 months. He usually wakes up once during the night now (15 months old) and I nurse him in the dark in his room in a rocking chair.
March 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I breastfed both children but I only coslept with my daughter. My son breastfed until 16.5mo and never once slept with us. He was never interested in sleeping with us. My daughter slept with us until she was about 6mo old and started crawling. I really liked cosleeping with my daughter as a newborn because it was so easy to BF during the night.
DD born 1/3/12

March 6th, 2013, 11:58 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I coslept until they became too squirmy and then I moved them back to their beds. They always started out in their own beds though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search