Please tell me this will get better!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mgm78
  • 1 Post By Fluga
  • 1 Post By Erin.minus.thyroid

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I guess a little background on us. I have one DD who will be 3 in next month and when she was born I breast fed her for 3 weeks but she was having issues do to laryngiomalasia so I started pumping and giver her the bottle. Well she was given only breast milk till 6 months. Let me just say...pumping was hard and a total PAIN! So now we are expecting #2 and I plan to bf again (hopefully w/o the pump this time esp. since I am no longer working) but seriously...my nipples are SO SORE!!! I can hardly stand to wear and bra and if DH touches them it feels like they are being ripped off! I never had this issue when I pregnant with DD. I am so worried about bf now. Please tell me they will get tougher before this baby gets here! I literally want to cry when they are touched.

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 15th, 2013, 04:22 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Are you putting lanisoh on them? I would make sure you have an LC or someone to check the baby's latch when baby is born, if the latch is ok, then the nipple pain will be at a minimum and initially should stop once the baby is latched on.
Alpha_allie1010 likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the feedback. No I am not putting anything on them right now. I am only 18 weeks pregnant. They aren't cracked or anything just super sensitive in a painful way. I think I have some though so I will start putting it on them.

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
My nipples were so sensitive during my first pregnancy that I couldnt bear to have anything in the breast pocket of my work uniform. Breastfeeding hurt at first but I think that in my case it was just for few days.

Being pregnant is different to haven given birth. I breastfed through my second pregnancy. Latching hurt a lot every time for most of the pregnancy. The last month or two it stopped hurting. Now that pain I can only tag on pregnancy hormones. When bebe finally latched on for her first feeding there was no pain at all.

You'll probably have some pain breastfeeding since your nipples arent used to but it may be a completely different from the pain you're having now. Having a baby latched on is also a completely different sensation than being touched.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
April 15th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it does get better. early pregnancy can cause major pain in that area. if usually gets better before the birth. My first child was much easier than my second in terms of pain during nursing though. I never really had any pain nursing him but my second i had some pain early on even though her latch was fine.
You might consider buying some breast pads now and wear them even though you dont have your milk in yet. It is a little extra soft padding on the nipple area. Ive always found them to help with the tenderness. You can try reusable ones or disposable ones (my personal favorite is johnson and johnson brand they come in a pink box at target). I used reusable ones but some but they were thinner and didnt help with the tenderness as much.
DD born 1/3/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search